The Cycling Thread

jouster

Just had this pop up on my YouTube feed and hung now watched it i found it hits entertaining

Warning. Not for young ears

aVdub

Distinguished Member
Just had this pop up on my YouTube feed and hung now watched it i found it hits entertaining

Warning. Not for young ears

I follow him and really enjoy just switching off from the outside sometimes and watching a few of his video's.

jouster

I follow him and really enjoy just switching off from the outside sometimes and watching a few of his video's.
im three videos on now

aVdub

Distinguished Member
Managed to find the chainrings limit - 30,1 mph and that was spinning so fast my knees burst into flames :D

Ride.jpg

Last edited:

jouster

Confirmed no c2w scheme with my umbrella company at the moment.
Wouldn’t have been buying till BF anyway so will just keep perusing for now

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Didn’t realise you were contracting, thought you’d gone permie.

broona

XC/AM tyres? Looking to update the 5'ish year old Schwalbe Hans Dampf front/ Continental Rubber Queen rear combo on my Rose Granite Chief, any recommendations without breaking the bank please?

I'm doing a lot more XC than AM at the minute, but I'd like something that can cope with some bigger stuff too when I eventually get round to riding it again.

reiteration

i had another nice little ride out last night, and one entrance is less than 100 yards from a house I used to live at about 14 years ago and had no idea that track existed - i thought it led to a farm / industrial units..! *doh* ..i ended up finishing there, but discovered it was there as i googled for routes to try out..

1594233584754.png

1594233700340.png

1594233713727.png

1594233733637.png

1594233751070.png

1594233765922.png

and when i finished the loop i went on a track that just turned into a boggy field, and wasn't 100% which way to go (as i backtracked a bit), so I took a left (should have went right..) and was a slightly longer way around, and when i got to the end i got chatting to an old fella who said he'd been watching me through his camera haha and said i should have turned right and I would have saw a sign a few hundred yards down...sigh... I'll try the route in reverse next time.. :)

broona

XC/AM tyres? Looking to update the 5'ish year old Schwalbe Hans Dampf front/ Continental Rubber Queen rear combo on my Rose Granite Chief, any recommendations without breaking the bank please?

I'm doing a lot more XC than AM at the minute, but I'd like something that can cope with some bigger stuff too when I eventually get round to riding it again.
Whilst I hate to quote myself...

I've found the Specialized Slaughter rear and Purgatory front pair for less than £40 delivered from their own website, anyone got any opinions on them please? They seem to be quite well reviewed, but it's always worth an ask.