The Cycling Thread

Funnily enough for the first time I've been spending a bit of money on some nice Le Col kit. There was a voucher for completing one of the Tour de Zwift stages and I thought it will only work on full priced kit and the delivery to the Highlands will be ridiculous but neither were true so ordered the Zwift top and shorts (I liked how hideous it looked) plus a phone case. The jersey is really nice though as it's comfortable and does a great job for cooling so when I received another discount for the next stage, I bought a couple more.

What's also amusing is that I like having a case for my phone that I put in and out of rather than attach to the phone but I've struggled to find what I want and these days with so much cheap junk out there but the Le Col case is pretty much exactly what I wanted. It's just big enough for the phone to fit without being too big, it slides in and out of a trouser pocket without issue, the zip offer some water proofing and it has some space for credit cards and another spare pocket.

The waterproofing is useful as during a race when it started raining, the phone in its sunglasses pouch became damp triggering phantom touches causing it to open FB Messenger, opened up a contact, set up disappearing messages and then called that person. Needless to say that person was a bit concerned and didn't want to answer the calls so some waterproofing on the Le Col case should be handy.

First milestone done, only 4k to go..

IMG_5274.jpeg

Hopefully will be able to get ahead of plan over Easter 🤞

And, the end of an era… 😥

IMG_5275.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm feeling pretty ill fated at the moment since I couldn't do stage 3 of the Zwift Games a couple of weeks ago due to a wedding nor stage 5 last week due to being unwell. So I was all fired up for stage 3 on catchup today and was going better than I thought because C/D riders were taking part in the cat B event to get the route badge. However at the 5 mile mark where I'd settled into a good rhythm with a group I suddenly lost all resistance and glanced down to see the chain wrapped around the rear derailleur.

I'll see if I'm in the mood for it tomorrow although also on call so can be guaranteed to get a call during the ride.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom