The Cycling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah they're just too wobbly the mountings slide on the frame and even 1mm movement and that'll knock out the other side by several mm and be enough for it to rub.

Someone I knew threw race blades into the hedge after one ride. lol.

Waste of £25 for myself too. Was going over rough road, was vibrating and jolting so bad tyre was rubbing. Damaged the tyre slightly.

Bought another bike rather than faff around with clip on rubbish.

Changing the bike isn't an option either, I'm not changing a pretty much perfect commuting bike over something as daft as mudguards. If I can't make em fit somehow I should be shot as a failed (ex) engineer.

ok after about 50 trips (lucky its only 4 shops away) to the bike shop i think im good :blush:

sitting on it feels weird, very floaty.

i cant wait to go home, only 15 minutes to go :D

img0027rq.jpg

img0028za.jpg

img0028za.jpg

You could probably get a set of wheel skewers with eyelet hole on them?

You could probably get a set of wheel skewers with eyelet hole on them?

Yeah there's probably loads of solutions. The crud catchers are a good place to start, even if it's just nicking ideas.

right, lets get back to basics.. have u watched this video:

YouTube - ‪Threadless Headset Adjustment‬‏

is the problem now fixed/understood? it is vital to have a 2-3mm gap between the stem and steerer top tube... have u got any spacers? (little thin metal rings that slip in between the steerer and stem?

as berties correctly mentioned.. u overtighten that nut and the fangled nut within the steerer will give u headache if it becomes dislodged... be careful, take the bike to a shop if ur confidence is low... thats what they there for :)

hmm, not sure, see my pic :blush:

have u got any play like in the video?

edit.. nice bike too.. what rear shock? has it been tuned to ur weight?

Last edited:
Rear Shock: Custom Fox Triad II for Specialized, custom on-the-fly 3-position switch 1) lock out 2) Open 3) ProPedal, rebound adj., 7.875x2.0

no it hasnt been adjusted

and there is no play when i do what he did.

well, if no play.. good :)

Triad

u may need a shock pump fand depending on ur front shock (oil/air/dual chamber/coil blah blah...) u may need one for that too... wise investment.. :)

well, if no play.. good :)

guide here for optimising rear shock... dont want it too 'saggy' hence a suspension air pump may be a useful purchase.. especially if ur front shock is of the 'air' variety...

Triad

there is no play but it is still not tight, the design does not make sense too me, there is no clamp to hold the handle bars to the forks, only one small disk that you have to tighten incredibly tight and the wheel can still be moved with your hand.

weetsie said:
there is no play but it is still not tight, the design does not make sense too me, there is no clamp to hold the handle bars to the forks, only one small disk that you have to tighten incredibly tight and the wheel can still be moved with your hand.

Looking at your stem picture, I can't quite make it out either.

What normally happens is the Allen key on the top in the centre of the disc is to tighten up the headset, but normally there are 1 or 2 bolts on the rear vertical part of the stem that you tighten to keep step aligned with the wheel.

Is there not any bolts sub flush hidden in the part between the fork steerer and the handlebars maybe?

I emailed Halfords last week about mudguards for the Boardman Team Hybrid. Despite the Boardman website saying that the bike is fully mudguard compatible it would appear that it isn't as Halfords have confirmed that there are no mounting holes for the front guard. Halfords have said they will pass this on to Boardman.

If the Team uses the same fork as the Pro, which according to the Boardman site it does, then there is a hole at the top the fork for attaching a mudguard. I've taken a photo with a small electrical screwdriver passed through the hole to confirm this :thumbsup:

I think the Halfords guys you're dealing with have been sniffing too much WD40.....

Attachments

• DSC_2691.JPG
    DSC_2691.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 92
Yeah, that's the fixing I was trying to describe, can clearly see it on that website :D

i just walked back to work and it was sat in the bottom of the box, fitted it and all now seems good.

this bike is amazing, i just took it for a run down a bridal path and it is insanely good but then again the last bike i had probably cost £129.99 and came from toys 'r' us so it was bound to feel good to ride.

But it needs to have eyelet holes near the wheel QR skewer as well.

No, it's a mud....guard.

nah. One person on forum tried them rubbing, also broke near bb area. So tight around brake arm no way fit without it hitting tyre over bumps.

very rough road surface, one of the screws holding the rear stay in place on the seatstay vibrated out - fortunately the loose stay didn't foul the spokes. Didn't fancy a spill at around 40mph!

That happened to me. Not worth it for some crappy mudguards.

So bought another bike.

See I'm wasting my time :-/ think they're crap you're telling me I'm wrong lol?

See I'm wasting my time :-/ think they're crap you're telling me I'm wrong lol?

Does everyone have to agree with everything you say?

All I'm doing is pointing out that there are a large number of people who would disagree with your claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom