The Cycling Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBDG1

Distinguished Member
Any links? or advice on what to search for... And was it UK shipped? I fancy some decent lights but I've read reports of people waiting weeks, sometimes, for goods to ship from wherever DX is based.
If you search for Cree (they are the company who make the LED bulbs) then you get a good selection.

I chose to go with the "nitetrider" brand, as they have a fairly good rep and the battery pack they come with is Samsung, so should hopefully last better than some others. I posted a link to the one I bought on here. It was delivered from the UK and cost £59.99. The light is/was being sold for £120 elsewhere.

Last edited:

aVdub

Distinguished Member
Just put my downhill bike on the market and am looking at picking up a new carbon fibre Giant full sus.
Anyone else been riding one and got any feedback on them.

IanW1977

When i was buying my light, i found ebay cheaper than DX on the same stuff.
Yeah Cheers
I have just bought a couple of new lights to go with the ones I already have

£12 for a smart 1 watt Rear light
£20 for a 1200 lumen Front light
http://www.tomtop.com/media/catalog...9565515451b3578a3bc0ea5e/h/8/h8030-6-adc3.jpg
The front light looks/probably is exactly the same as the one I bought off Amazon from China last year which cost me £35 so I'm confident of it's ability

http://http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1200-Lumen-CREE-XML-T6-LED-Bike-Bicycle-Outdoor-Sports-Light-HeadLight-headLamp-/300677445326?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Cycling_Bike_Lights&hash=item4601c5b6ce

Last edited by a moderator:

bluedroog

Had my first proper right on the brand new Rapid 1 today and had a great time, loved being back on two wheels. Oh the freedom.

Got myself some nice Lezyne lights which are USB chargable so can do that at work.

Also a new Edura waterproof jacket, gloves, helmet and ring lock for the front wheel which I didn't use before.

And yes, it is Rapid.:thumbsup:

Adcook

Distinguished Member
Had my first proper right on the brand new Rapid 1 today and had a great time, loved being back on two wheels. Oh the freedom.

Got myself some nice Lezyne lights which are USB chargable so can do that at work.

Also a new Edura waterproof jacket, gloves, helmet and ring lock for the front wheel which I didn't use before.

And yes, it is Rapid.:thumbsup:
Glad you like the bike!

eireann10

after doing three smallish cycles of about 10 miles on my own, i went out with another group and done 25 miles. I tried to push it too hard and the start and struggled a little on the big hill climb, after the decent i got my breath back and was rather pleased how i faired from then on.

Still a lot of work to go yet, but enjoying it so far. both my calfs where cramping but managed to push on through it.

Something i did find as someone else mentioned was my toes where numb for most of the cycle.

still got bits and bobs to get yet, Pump, inner tubes etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

LG SN11RG Dolby Atmos Soundbar, plus, XBOOM Go PN7 & PL7 Wireless Speaker Reviews
Top Bottom