The Crew 2 (X1) (2018)

mklion123

Distinguished Member
You can sign up for the beta on the Ubisoft website, not sure when the beta will be?

mklion123

Distinguished Member
This is a maybe for me, hopefully I'll get into the beta and give it a go, never played the first one.

MGRayd

Distinguished Member
What's with the inception style folding world in some of the videos?

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
What's with the inception style folding world in some of the videos?

Just a way to highlight the scale that the map brings together as your playground. The first one I really enjoyed, what I played of it anyway. This could be very good.

rowedav

Distinguished Member
Gonna try and get in on this...quite interested.

Thought the first was a good concept, but not very well executed. Hopefully they've been able to refine this one.

Pebb

Distinguished Member
I would like to try out the closed beta. Unfortunately the account linked to my gamertag doesn’t have an address in the email box.

gr0uty

Pretty generous beta, seem to be able to go away where and do anything. I like the driving mechanics for all vehicles, pretty arcadey as would be expected. Lots of customisation options, loot etc. Runs well, looks nice, so far so good.

mnty

just started playing the beta and it looks good, but why is miami covered in snow? :rotfl: i drove from new york when it snowed and now just arrived in miami and the roads etc is covered in snow

RandomLee

Distinguished Member
For those playing the beta, how would you say it compares to Forza Horizon 3?

N0ddie

Will be buying this for the wee man when i comes out. He loved the first.

RandomLee

Distinguished Member
Just checked my emails, looks like I've been selected.

If anyone else wants to try it PM me and I'll send an invite on.

EDIT: x1 code left.

Last edited:

MGRayd

Distinguished Member
I got an email with a code which I cant redeem on website as it wont even load and does not work on any platform such as XB or UPlay?!?

RandomLee

Distinguished Member
@MGRayd I used the Win 10 Xbox app to redeem the code I got from the email. Just go to the Store tab and the redeem a code option should be there. Should work on the Xbox mobile app too.

I'm now having issues getting back on the Ubi site to send out the invites. Just hangs on this page (tried desktop and phone)...

Screenshot_20180531-182013.png

I'll try from within the game later once my gf finishes playing State of Decay 2.

D

Deleted member 702178

If anyone else has a code I wouldn't mind trying it

Pebb

Distinguished Member
Currently I like how the game looks. While for the handling side in the cars, it is a bit un-predicable on a controller compared to other arcade racers. Now do I have any final thoughts. Well pretty much the game needs an option to remap certain controls, one being manual gear changing.

@onezeon Good news. Your beta code has already been put to good use.

Click for the Full Size

RandomLee

Distinguished Member
I played this for a few hours last night and it’s a lot of fun. It looks great, seems to run well and they’ve created a really nice game world. The cars handle ok, although they feel a bit heavy on the roads. I do really like the offroad races though, and I think the heavier feel works really well for that. I’d say I prefer the street racing in FH3, but the offroad racing in this - handling-wise at least. The boats and planes I can take or leave, but they’re well executed enough that I’d be happy enough to play through them in the story mode. Not sure I’d use them through choice for freeroam mind you. I was most looking forward to unlocking the dirt bikes, but alas you can’t gain enough followers in the demo, it’s locked at 14,999. That brings me onto my other main criticism, which to be honest will say more about me – the whole follower thing, it really brings out my contempt for the narcissistic YouTube generation. As soon as I hear stuff like “Hey brooooo, drop a like and sub” etc it hits my trigger. I guess they’ve got to attach some kind of story or purpose to the game though, and as arbitrary as it all is to me I appreciate I’m in the minority with that viewpoint… so I’m sure I’ll live with it :p

So yeah, great game although doubt it will be a day one purchase, but I can definitely see myself picking it up at some point.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
AV Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
REL Acoustics announces new Serie HT subwoofer trio