The Crew 2 (PS4) (2018)

Surprised no one is talking about this as the closed beta started yesterday. Had a quick blast and it's a massive improvement over the first game, visuals are gorgeous.

Very impressed so far.

Last edited:
It's a closed beta so maybe many dont have a invite to get in to talk about it, maybe if and when they is an open beta / demo more will be able to say something.

Yep really enjoying the beta so far, definitely keeping my pre-order.

I have 3 codes going if anyone is interested but you need a Ubisoft account and i need to add you as a friend.

By participating in this The Crew 2 – Closed Beta, you will be able to invite up to three of your Ubisoft friends to try the game.
To do so, you just need to connect to the Beta Portal and select the invite friend category.
Please note that you can only invite friends sharing the same gaming platforms as yours and same geographical restrictions are applicable (all countries eligible except Japan, China & North Korea).
Once you have invited your friends, they will receive a confirmation email with all instructions.
If you’ve already been invited to the Closed Beta by a friend, you will not be able to use this feature.

Open beta is coming soon, more info at E3 - The Crew 2 Beta Sign Up | Ubisoft (US)

Some screenshots from my time with the closed beta.

The Crew® 2 Beta_20180601165310_.png
The Crew® 2 Beta_20180601215409_.png
The Crew® 2 Beta_20180602150531_.png

Open beta starts 21st but you can download it now from the store

Yep really enjoying the beta so far, definitely keeping my pre-order.

I have 3 codes going if anyone is interested but you need a Ubisoft account and i need to add you as a friend.

I'm interested & have an Ubisoft account.

Don't see the point in the beta if you can't carry over your progress. You can get the Gold Edition for ÂŁ60 if you order online for store collection.

The Crew 2 Gold Edition PS4

I tried the demo yesterday and didn't enjoy it enough to even consider renting it.

Can’t download from the store, first time I tried it crashed the Pro... never seen it lock up so bad before I had to unplug from the wall.

Restarted and still can’t download, will try later

EDIT: Queued up with the app on my phone, worked then :/

Last edited:
My Gold Edition turned up Tuesday morning personally I loved the first game, I was one of the small minority that stuck with it, saw the improvements and enjoyed the racing with a tacked on revenge story. Special mention must go to the map and the micro condensed replica of the US of A.

I played the open beta for The Crew 2 and it was everything I liked about the first game and more, the map is back and seems slightly more detailed, there are more disciplines with the introduction of boats and planes and the vehicle roster is more than adequate. Yes, the first game introduced the weird game mechanic of levelling up your vehicles as you progressed and this brings a similar system in the way of car parts in loot boxes but overall I'm finding the driving a lot more enjoyable.

There seems as though there is so much to do and i've seen stuff on streams that I haven't even had introduced to me in game yet and theres a fully fledged livery editor that one streamer stated rivals Forza's. I was asked how big the map was so I decided to drive from NY airport to the Golden Gate bridge in San Francisco, I did in a BMW M2 and it took me 45 minutes real time (I know it'd take longer in reality but it is a scaled back representation of the USA) Loved the different scenery on route and night fell as I passed through Las Vegas as it lit up, spectacular sight to behold.

I get it won't be everyones cup of tea and if you hated the first game then you're not likely give this the chance it deserves and its worth noting that the dev seem to be in it for the long haul.

I too got my Gold Edition on Tuesday, and like @TUBBST4R loved The Crew. The Crew 2 has no story, the cars are priced wrong how can the Zonda R cost less then the standard car, for me The Crew is still my favourite because i like to explore and collect stuff, with the Crew 2 you can fast travel to all the events something you couldn't do in the crew unless you had driven there before, it's early day's yet though.

Gotta get this off my chest i payed ÂŁ75 at Game for the Gold Edition, where is my season pass extras they aren't showing up, not the Harley the AMG GT3 nor the 3.8L black 911 none of it wtf is happening.

The Crew 2 on Twitter

Last edited:
Won’t they only be available from the official release day, this Friday???

I too got my Gold Edition on Tuesday, and like @TUBBST4R loved The Crew. The Crew 2 has no story, the cars are priced wrong how can the Zonda R cost less then the standard car, for me The Crew is still my favourite because i like to explore and collect stuff, with the Crew 2 you can fast travel to all the events something you couldn't do in the crew unless you had driven there before, it's early day's yet though.

Gotta get this off my chest i payed ÂŁ75 at Game for the Gold Edition, where is my season pass extras they aren't showing up, not the Harley the AMG GT3 nor the 3.8L black 911 none of it what the fudge is happening.

The Crew 2 on Twitter

I need to thoroughly read what I was supposed to get, the only thing I remember seeing was 2 pre-order bonuses, a Merc AMG and a Harley Iron bike, not sure where to look in game to see if they're already in my garage as such.

Just got the season pass stuff, they will be in your vehicles section.

Got this yesterday enjoying it alot, its a big improvement over the first.

Anybody on this weekend who wants to do the multiplayer trophies?

Bought this over the weekend, and have to say I am not really enjoying it at all. I really enjoyed the crew. Things were introduced slowly and you had to drive round and explore to discover things.

Here you are presented with a million options straight away and you can fast travel to them straight away. No need to do long drives or explore.

The boats and the planes are fun but the cars are just very dull and corner so badly. Graphically is a little bit blurgh too. Its probably the prettiest water ever but the cities look terrible. Buildings simple square boxes that may even have windows if you are lucky. I just not finding the car racing fun.

I'll persevere a bit longer but so far I am very glad I went for the disc option.

I got my platinum for this this afternoon took me less than a week, it's all a bit easy, i preferred the first game it encourages you to explore, big let down and with no mp till later in the year it has no replay value, wish i waited till all the content is available, apart from the telltale series its the easiest platinum you can do. It had really bad frame rates issues even with my pro, the motor cross events look last gen. I haven't even touched on the chronic rubber banding.

36570793_2061647013919394_5483146620931407872_n.jpg

Last edited:
Am I the only one playing this without using the map at all?

Unlike the first game you cant add the car upgrades without going into the menus.

So its a case of cross finish line, collect parts, go to menu, add upgrades, open race list and hit start on the next race. There is just zero reason to drive or explore in this game.

I really want a decent open world driving game to use with my wheel and gearsticj (Logitech g29) and just cruise and take in the scenery. Something like test drive unlimited Could I do this on this game? If not is there anything similar on ps4? Cheers

Is the original better than this? I've rented the first one and had an hour on it last night. Seems ok so far. Nowhere near as bad as some reviews made out. So far it feels like a low grade Forza horizon with a story.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom