The credit crisis has some up-sides

Drd

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've just been to Argos with SWMBO to collect a new ironing board as our old one collapsed yesterday when a leg snapped off.I noticed they have a new 'value' range including,amongst other things,an iron for £3.89! We don't need one at the moment,but how on earth do they manufacture,ship and sell an iron for that price with any profit for anyone involved?

Just goes to show how much profit some people make on them.
Because you know they wont be losing money on it.

I went clothes shopping on Tuesday and it was an eerie experience. I was the only person in D2 for 20 minutes. But I did get a real nice coat for a fiver and there's no problem parking lately so I guess you could say there are up sides.

Just goes to show how much profit some people make on them.

Or just shows how much they cost when you treat the workers fairly and pay a proper wage.

And look what you can do when you make it in a sweat shop.

Cheers,

Nigel

Or just shows how much they cost when you treat the workers fairly and pay a proper wage.

And look what you can do when you make it in a sweat shop.

Cheers,

Nigel

I guess the up-side then to the the workers being treated unfairly and only paid a starvation wage is we get to buy the product for pea-nuts.

Funny you should mention that, I bought my missus a new vacuum cleaner from Tesco's last week for just over £18.

The last one lasted three years. Do for me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom