The Count of Monte Cristo Remake

Our Year

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
David S. Goyer, best known for his recent DC contributions as a screenwriter for The Dark Knight Trilogy and the upcoming Man of Steel, is now set to direct a remake of The Count of Monte Cristo. In fact, the film is being pitched as a “19th Century Dark Knight” with a “graphic novel” approach to the script by Michael Robert Johnson (Sherlock Holmes), so make of that what you will. The latest adaptation of the classic revenge tale by Alexandre Dumas will be made at Constantin Films with Impact Pictures’ Jeremy Bolt (Resident Evil) producing. Hit the jump for more.

Heat Vision reports that Goyer will sign on for the director’s chair for The Count of Monte Cristo. The story centers on Edmond Dantes, a young man betrayed and falsely jailed in early 19th century France. While imprisoned on an island, Dantes meets a fellow inmate who educates him and also points him in the direction of a promised fortune. After Dantes manages to escape years later, he re-enters Parisian society, ready to take revenge against the men who took away his love and his freedom. Here’s what Goyer had to say about Johnson’s take on the material:

“During my career I’ve enjoyed re-invigorating and contextualizing classic characters that are relatable to contemporary audiences. Michael has written an excellent script and I’m going to enjoy bringing our take of the rich and textured world of Monte Cristo to the big screen.”
David S. Goyer to Direct THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO Remake | Collider

Last edited:
i must rewatch the 2002 version with Jim Caviezel and Guy Pearce, im sure i really enjoyed it

i must rewatch the 2002 version with Jim Caviezel and Guy Pearce, im sure i really enjoyed it

I did its without doubt for me the best version. I seen a fair few and the tend to be stilted but that one keeps the interest up all the way.

I also eally enjoyed the 2002 version, so am a bit surprised by the news of another remake !!

An “19th Century Dark Knight" what utter tosh !

I also eally enjoyed the 2002 version, so am a bit surprised by the news of another remake !!

An “19th Century Dark Knight" what utter tosh !

Wasn't The Three Musketeers recently done in the style of Johna Hex

Wasn't The Three Musketeers recently done in the style of Johna Hex
If it was i didn't see it, wasn't Johna Hex a bit of a dissapointment anyway !!? i wouldnt know though as i didnt see that either.

If it was i didn't see it, wasn't Johna Hex a bit of a dissapointment anyway !!? i wouldnt know though as i didnt see that either.

Or should I have said VonHelsing

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38an1IAG1TA]Three Musketeers - Official Trailer 2 [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Looks terrible but has Christoph Waltz as Cardinal Richelieu & Mads Mikkelsen as Captain Rochefort two very good actors ..

KiLLiNG-TiME said:
Looks terrible but has Christoph Waltz as Cardinal Richelieu & Mads Mikkelsen as Captain Rochefort two very good actors ..

It's terrible but just about watchable if you're in a nonsensical mood. Logan Lerhman plays D'tagnian (sic) as 19th century French boy via California, Milla Jovovich reprises Alice from resident evil with a different name and James corden plays the most annoying comic relief character ever to appear in a film.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom