Quantcast

The Coronavirus Explained - Must See Video - Very Informative

kutsanagi

@lomax512 ,

Thanks for the share. Very interesting. Wish I was still at school to show my students!! That's a great video!!

kutsanagi

I think there are more pressing concerns that that at present!!

Hope you're all staying safe, I know that some people (like most) in our profession are having to make difficult decisions, or face difficult scenarios.

kenshingintoki

Thanks, my wife is an assistant teacher and is trying to get the head to show these videos but he's too interested in lbgtqzyhpl lol

Personally I think the top priority should be trying to educate adults on the matter before children.

The lack of health education for children is a longstanding issue but trying to teach it in the midst of a pandemic just seems a little too much (but sure, go for it just so they know whats happening). Hopefully and eventually the education system will involve learning about how the country works (from a health care, social care perspective, taxes, finances) as I think its much more relevant and applicable to getting ahead in life than Geography (I'm not saying its unimportant but I think 50% of the curriculum could be.. sacrificed.. so by the age of 16 children understand basic health concepts, social concepts, financial concepts and a bit about the UK infrastructure (e.g. NHS)).

IronGiant

You're beginning to get a tad repetitive :(

There is something VERY wrong with the British public and I feel it has to be addressed on a school level. They need to learn about simple things like the NHS, how the country is built, social care works...
instead of freaking geography and sedimentary rock.

EarthRod

Distinguished Member
What with all the confusion I thought this was the best explanation I have ever seen.

Hope it's informative for everyone.

I agree with the others here - that is an excellent video.

May I suggest changing the thread title to "The Coronavirus Explained - Must See Video", or something along those lines.

Maybe make the thread a 'sticky'.

...Just a thought.

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
I think this is a great simple video, what a find. @Stuart Wright Maybe see if this can be placed somewhere more prominent as it simply explains why its important to wash your hands, social distance and what happens to your immune system if it goes into overdrive because of the effect of coronavirus. Simple and effective :smashin:

IronGiant

I haven't watched it yet but will do. Watch this space.

Personally I think the top priority should be trying to educate adults on the matter before children.

The lack of health education for children is a longstanding issue but trying to teach it in the midst of a pandemic just seems a little too much (but sure, go for it just so they know whats happening). Hopefully and eventually the education system will involve learning about how the country works (from a health care, social care perspective, taxes, finances) as I think its much more relevant and applicable to getting ahead in life than Geography (I'm not saying its unimportant but I think 50% of the curriculum could be.. sacrificed.. so by the age of 16 children understand basic health concepts, social concepts, financial concepts and a bit about the UK infrastructure (e.g. NHS)).

It's called Civics. The US has it I think. Yep, I agree, Civics should become a mandatory subject at school. Children should learn that they are part of society and have duties as members of it.

I don't think it should replace Geography, there's space to slot it in somewhere I'm sure.

raduv1

Distinguished Member
;) China is thinking of 're opening its Cinemas with the likes of Avengers , Avatar and Incecption to get people in .

Meanwhile we have early release of Birds of Prey, Cats or Bloodshot to look foward to on streaming.

Time for some good ol fashion gardening then:smashin:.

kav

Distinguished Member
That whole channel (Kurzgesagt) is fantastic, a must-watch for children who are looking for interesting stuff and partners who want them to be educated. My son introduced me to it a few months ago and we’ve watched most of their videos.

nylonsyorks

Am just glad I have AV Forums, a list of movies, a bombload of music files to occupy my time.

Top Bottom