The Coral

James45

Standard Member
Reaction score
Got the album yesterday and have already listened to it three times!! Need I say more? Excellent slightly pyschodellic guitar driven scouse madness.

Saw them live when they supported Oasis @ Finsbury park and thought they were great, got the album two weeks ago and keep listening to it. ("Dreaming of you" is my fav track)

Regards,

Pirate music? was it you who reccommended Queens of the Stone Age as I got that at the same time and it's a pile of kak!

(I withdraw this comment completely, forgive my heathen mind)

Originally posted by James45
Queens of the Stone Age... it's a pile of kak!

I think they're overated too.

If you want some retro-rock mayhem, you need The Datsun's CD!

I love the current QOTSA single, but the album doesn't do it for me, very down tone. I prefere my music a bit more upbeat these days.

I haven't heard anything from the Datsuns yet although I look out for them.

I agree, the Datsuns do sound like a more modern version of AC/DC or BS, not bad for a bunch of Aussies ;)

Also, the new QOTSA album probably isn't as good as the last one, but it is a more rounded album and possibly more accessible and not quite as strange

Though you can't beat Feel Good Hit Of The Summer for lyrical brilliance :rolleyes:

Wow, this is a good thread, almost a slagging match. Might as well add to it then.

Datsuns, not bad, reviewed that one in previous thread, but its languishing in the footwell of my car at the moment ( not a good sign ) trouble is its been done before, its not exactly an interesting listen, just get out your cap and shorts, strap on the air guitar etc.

The coral, mmmmm have been tempted, but not enough, went and bought the new underworld album instead.

QOTSA, its never been my type of music and on first listen was'nt very inspiring, then something changed and I couldnt get enough of it. I had to forcibly remove it from the car Cd player as I was in danger of not listening to anything else. Has it all been done before, Yes, but not in this way. I really cant get bored with it. Its not as startling as Nirvana was, but very little is at the moment.

Overated ? not sure who has really raved about this album except on this forum.

Originally posted by karkus30
Overated ? not sure who has really raved about this album except on this forum.

They are current 'darlings' amongst those who consider themselves the cool media. The drumming stint by Dave Grohl didn't exactly hinder that happening.

I've got to go with Karkus, the QOTSA album isn't a first listen masterpiece but eventually you just get hooked. It tried to take over my player too, but it's Brandon's home turf, so him and the incubus boy's kicked ass (obviously Grohl wasn't with the QOTSA at this point, he's dead hard)

You were right QOTSA is REALLY starting to grow on me big time, I love some of the rumbling, muddy bass guitars lines. Really reminds me of Kyuss in places which is a good thing!

You were right QOTSA is REALLY starting to grow on me big time, I love some of the rumbling, muddy bass guitars lines. Really reminds me of Kyuss in places which is a good thing!

Watch out, it will take over your cd player, you have been warned !!!!

I think this album is a contender for album of the year.
Had a listen to the Coral on the new Q mag freeby and I must say it was rather good.

You were right!

Don't sound so supprised, you should be used to this by now :p

It's definatly a grower, ain't it? Not like the coral, which needs a few "arrrs" and "ahoy, mateys" to become the pirate record of this year, a title currently held by Rolly Roger's album "pieces of eight"

Basically, I think the Coral are Pirate music masters. They have sea-shanty style beats and tunes, and I could see people dancing the hornpipe to them. Pirates I tells ye!

daft as a brush!:rolleyes:

Careful, no references to other forum members, he might get upset and there is always space under the patio.;) :D :D

Got The Coral Album last week and it is just a refreshing change to at last hear a band who can be given the freedom to try a lot of different styles and come up with an album oozing of sheer class....surely being a scouse lad meself i can tell they are just having a laugh and enjoying the music....and also seeing as the oldest member in the group is 21 then surely this debut album can be seen as a revelation!!
Roll on the next instalment i say

Originally posted by barneybeerbelly
Got The Coral Album last week and it is just a refreshing change to at last hear a band who can be given the freedom to try a lot of different styles and come up with an album oozing of sheer class

Pressganged were you me hearties, wait till Long John Gambit catches up with you.;) :D

pieces of eight..........pieces of eight

Ahoy, mateys!:D

Don't ye be brainwashed by the sea-farin scouse dogs that be the Coral!

Come join me and karkus' crew of land-lubbin QOTSA lovers!

Well blister me barnacles and hang me from the yard arm, if it aint the salty old sea dog himself ahhrrr.

I tell e Gambit me old mate, theres a mutiny in the winds.

We better watch out that coral can could rip the bows out of an old sea scow like this ahhhr and watch out for Jim lad 45 :p :)

Arrrr, if only eye weren't such a steroetype, eyed give them Coral lads the kickin of thier lives. But eye'll see no muntiny while eye can still wield me cutlass. Put up the jolly roger, Mr karkus- we're off te war!!

Keel 'aul the lotta 'em eye says.

Jolly Rogers:eek: , they dont like it up'em Captain Gambit, them fuzzy wuzzy Coral lot.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom