1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Cooper Temple Clause..Kick up??

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by karkus30, Sep 12, 2003.

1. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Bought this Yesterday, I have the first album which is pretty average except for a couple of stand out tracks.

Is this new album a classic ?? am I just getting the wool pulled over my eyes by High production values and a similarity with Ok Computer or is it the Primal Scream guitars and dance beats with a touch of Yosimi and the Pink Robot chucked in, maybe the lyrics.

Im not sure, but it sounds great to me, this just might be a classic, its the similarity to Radiohead and Muse thats throwing me. If this had been done before OK Computer ???? what then............hmmmmm its got me, has this album, it works, but is it just a good copy?? Its been buffed and polished to perfection and that perfectly engineered, liquid gloss finish attracts you like a magpie to a very shiny thing. But all that glitters etc.......

Can I recommend it, a definite yes, marks out of five, I cant do it, I really cant, certainly way better than a three, maybe way better than a four.

I trust the final score to the wider audience :hiya:

2. tomson

tomson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
    I gave up on this lot after the first play of the first album - a complete let down apart from one song. Dont think i'll rush out to get this new one just yet despite being a Muse and Radiohead fan. Speaking of which, the new Muse single sounds pretty good.

3. Mr.The.Spoon

Mr.The.Spoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Heard them at the free Limp Bizkit gig last weekend in Frinsbury Park. Thought they were allright as background music.
    Think I'll only get the CD if I see it in a sale.

4. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Me too, but its not like the first album at all, wish somebody else would give it a listen, it will probably end up doing the rounds of various hi fi shows due to the production and clever use of low bass.

If you like Radiohead and Muse you probably wont be disappointed with the album.

Its funny, but this is what happened with the Feeder album, first one I bought was dire except for two tracks, then Comfort in Sound appeared and has been a slow burner in the charts for around a year, again, a totaly different album from their previous stuff and I bought it with a lot of misgivings, but was pleasantly suprised.

5. DM1972

DM1972

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Played it about 50 or so times and have to say I think it's awesome.

It's so different in every way to 'See this through and leave' (which is one of my favourite albums) so wasn't sure this would match up - what a suprise.
    Hardly any let down tracks. Not really a fan of 'Blind Pilots' though, but it may grow on me when it's released as the next single. Shame it sounds like a carbon copy of Grandaddys 'Crystal Lake' though.

Gets a 10/10 from me.

6. ratso-rizzo

ratso-rizzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Probably an 8/10 from me - much better than the first album.

Totally agree on the 'Blind Pilots' / 'Crystal Lake' thing. Both top tunes though.

Ratso

7. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    My Album of the Year.

13/10

Yes I can!