The controller keeps charging after 100%

Jacob77

Novice Member
I had two controllers so far, the first one I sent to sony to be replaced because it had drift issues, and I got the second controller a few weeks ago and just realized a new issue that wasn't present in the 1st one.

With my 1st controller, I charge it once the message that says "The Controller is low on battery", and it takes about 2 hours to fully charge it afterward, so I just plug the controller into the console with its original cable, while charging the lightbar was a flashing orange color that stops once it's fully charged.

The problem with the 2nd controller is that it just keeps charging forever even after being fully charged, the flashing orange color doesn't stop at all, and the controller becomes VERY hot over time. How do I know it's fully charged? because once I unplug and plug the charging cable again into the console it doesn't charge anymore for about 2 minutes but then starts to continue charging forever.

I tried different cables, the USB on the back, and charging from a PC but it's all the same, should I send the controller as well to sony?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom