The conspiracy theory thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVF Jay

Ex Member
Reaction score
I'm quite cynical and there are a lot of things I don't believe, from minor things like when certain consoles apparently can't meet demand in the past, I feel they are just holding back stock to create the illusion that the product is more successful than it is, i.e NINTENDO

To things like 9/11, where I honestly think America had something to do with it.

Anyway I'd like to know what some of you are cynical about, and any conspiracy theories you believe?

Or alternatively what conspiracy theories do you think are absolutely ridiculous?

One I don't believe was that aids was created in a lab to reduce world population.

Or the one we had about the world coming to an end/panic in 2000 with computers etc going crazy....

Some ridiculous ones I came across are

Michael Jackson and LaToya Jackson are the same person
Ok, so this seems a little crazy and frankly ridiculous, but so does Michael Jackson himself. The more you think about it, the more sense this makes. Have you ever seen them in the same place at the same time? It would be completely plausible for Michael to have invented an alter-ego for himself, it fits with increasingly shy persona. Would this alter-ego be a woman? Well Michael has become increasingly feminine throughout his life, both in his altered looks, his dress-sense, his voice and his mannerisms. Perhaps Michael finally decided that it was time to undergo the final surgical procedure and become his feminine other-self full-time, staging his own death as a way to make the transition. Not convinced? Give it time – this one grows on you.

KFC Causes Sterility in Black Men
This golden nugget dates back to the 1950s when the KKK were at their height and the common perception of African Americans was that they ate nothing but fried chicken and water melons. It saw somewhat of a revival in the 1980s, following the death of Colonel Sanders, the founder and face of the Kentucky Fried Chicken brand. Colonel Sanders is rumoured to have been a Klan member and to have left 10% of his estate to the KKK upon his death. This led to further rumours that the Klan were running the chain. Supposedly the Colonel's secret recipe of seven herbs and spices contains a chemical compound that renders African American males infertile while leaving white males unharmed.

The End is Nigh
Is the world coming to an abrupt end? Is Ragnarok upon us? Is the government keeping this knowledge quiet to prevent panicked rioting and last minute praying? End of the world conspiracies and death cults have been popular since the dawning of the millennium when we actually thought that confused digital clocks might go on a rampage and destroy civilization as we know it. The latest death-fad is based around the end of the Mayan calendar in 2012. Did the Mayan's know something that we didn't? Maybe they knew that their civilization would be long gone by 2012 and that everybody would have switched to the Gregorian calendar by now.

So what exactly is expected to happen in December 2012? Many are expecting the magnetic poles of the earth to shift, causing atmospheric chaos and rendering computers useless. Others believe that the earth will collide with Nabiru, a giant and purely fictional planet currently on a collision course with earth. However, Nabiru is entirely the invention of Nancy Lieder and has no scientific basis. Lieder claims to have been contacted by aliens from Zeta Reticuli, who warned her of the impending disaster. The original date for the Nibiru collision was expected to be in 2003, suggesting either that the aliens got their sums wrong or that Lieder is a nutcase.

Last edited:
It's interesting that you're willing to believe that America would have hand in a huge terrorist act that killed thousands, and could have killed thousands more. Yet you're unwilling to believe they had had anything to do with a disease that only significantly effects third world countries and makes billions for their pharmaceutical companies.

For the record, I don't believe in either.

It's interesting that you're willing to believe that America would have hand in a huge terrorist act that killed thousands, and could have killed thousands more. Yet you're unwilling to believe they had had anything to do with a disease that only significantly effects third world countries and makes billions for their pharmaceutical companies.

For the record, I don't believe in either.

I believe that because certain things don't add up, in the same way I don't believe America killed Bin Laden.

There is just something shady about the American government.

Last edited:
I believe that because certain things don't add up, in the same way I don't believe America killed Bin Laden.

There is just something shady about the American government.

What doesn't add up?

Bearing in mind all the theories about explosives, controlled demolitions etc have been disproved multiple times.

When it comes to conspiracies I like the classics.

JFK wasn't killed by a lone gunman, there was someone on the grassy knoll and it was orchestrated from within the US to get rid of JFK.

I also like to think that there was a UFO at Roswell and its currently being held in area 51.

Although one theory that always make me laugh is that man has never been on the moon and it was faked. Im 100% certain that happened. :thumbsup:

9/11
America has conducted false flag operations on its own people before, which has been confirmed through unclassified documents. See Gulf of Tonkin.

Building 7 of the World Trade Centre collapsed in the exact same way a controlled demolition would. There were also calls from Firemen on that day saying the building was coming down. It was not struck by a plane and the US Governments official response was "We don't know why it collapsed".

George Bush would not testify alone under the 9/11 Commission Report. He would only speak to them with Dick Chaney at his side and he also refused to speak to them under oath.

The US ignored intelligence reports from the UK, France, Russia, Italy and Spain regarding the possibility of a terrorist attack on US soil, with one report even suggesting the possibility of flying planes in to buildings.

The US Government flew Bin Laden's family out of the country the day after 9/11, while all other air traffic was grounded.

The list of odd things surrounding 9/11 is endless. Do these individual facts make it clear that the US was involved? In my opinion, no. But when you put them all together, it certainly doesn't look promising.

Have they? By who?

Multiple structural engineers, fire experts, controlled experiments, computer models. Etc etc

All have said the same thing. If you fly a fully fuelled airliner into a building, there is at least a chance that it will fall over.

Of course, all these experts can't be trusted because they fear losing their jobs, being hit by sleeper CIA assassins etc. :rolleyes:

Multiple structural engineers, fire experts, controlled experiments, computer models. Etc etc

All have said the same thing. If you fly a fully fuelled airliner into a building, there is at least a chance that it will fall over.

Of course, all these experts can't be trusted because they fear losing their jobs, being hit by sleeper CIA assassins etc. :rolleyes:

To be honest it's not hard for the government to pay/hire these "experts" to pass comment.

And what about Bush how he just casually carried on reading books to children after being told of what had happened?

This lists some very good points The American government killed its own people

I think people are too trusting of people in high positions, there are bad people out there and some of them happen to be in very important positions.

What about corrupt police who do things to people, but yet the majority would straight away assume it couldn't be true as they are a police officer.

Going back to America look at Obama, there is definitely something shady about him too, he has this aura about him....

Yet again people just assume everything is as they are told with Bin Laden, they just ASSUME it must be true because they said that.

I even believe the media are behind things too, they are told what to say and they try and brainwash people into believing things.

Last edited:
9/11
America has conducted false flag operations on its own people before, which has been confirmed through unclassified documents. See Gulf of Tonkin.

Building 7 of the World Trade Centre collapsed in the exact same way a controlled demolition would. There were also calls from Firemen on that day saying the building was coming down. It was not struck by a plane and the US Governments official response was "We don't know why it collapsed".

George Bush would not testify alone under the 9/11 Commission Report. He would only speak to them with Dick Chaney at his side and he also refused to speak to them under oath.

The US ignored intelligence reports from the UK, France, Russia, Italy and Spain regarding the possibility of a terrorist attack on US soil, with one report even suggesting the possibility of flying planes in to buildings.

The US Government flew Bin Laden's family out of the country the day after 9/11, while all other air traffic was grounded.

The list of odd things surrounding 9/11 is endless. Do these individual facts make it clear that the US was involved? In my opinion, no. But when you put them all together, it certainly doesn't look promising.

I do remember when they said they found the passport of one of the suspects after 911 then for some reason that went quiet. Guess it somehow survived the impacts and fire?? or the air support that was grounded at the time.
One thing I dont do is believe a single word that comes from mouths of MP's as they twist them to suit the moment.
I'm not sure what to believe from those in power, its so messed up now so I simply get on with life.

Last edited:
I do remember when they said they found the passport of one of the suspects after 911 then for some reason that went quiet. Guess it somehow survived the impacts and fire??
One thing I dont do is believe a single word that comes from mouths of MP's as they twist them to suit the moment.
I'm not sure what to believe from those in power, its so messed up now so I simply get on with life.

Yeah how convenient, yet they didn't find anything else.

I'm trying to find a youtube clip that shows some very strange footage from a news channel.....

Not forgetting the whole pentagon incident, amazingly skillfull pilot, and where it hit, who died, the impact hole. Aircraft grounded on 9/11.

Something stinks.

Well, if you want conspiracies, here's one that is breaking news right now.

So, one of the world's most succesful, powerful and respected men, (not to mention wealthy) suddenly, while getting ready to catch a plane for a high level meeting in Europe, suddenly goes absolutely nutso and tries to rape a chambermaid. He then apparently flees and is arrested on the airplane that will whisk him to safety.

Yeah, right. What a load of ********.

For the last few months DSK has been touted, if he stands, as the prime candidate for President of France, the only person who is almost guaranteed to whip Sarko's arse. Last week the French media start running scandal stories about his posh cars and expensive suits.

This all smacks of the French Right trying desperately to discredit their opponent, but in a hugely crude and unsophisticated way. Either that or the Head of the IMF is a rampant nutter who should be locked up for the safety of women everywhere.

The talk all month has been that if Sarko can get Carla Bruni pregnant the French will love him and re-elect him. Now with DSK out of the way, apparently...........

The talk all month has been that if Sarko can get Carla Bruni pregnant the French will love him and re-elect him. Now with DSK out of the way, apparently...........

I'd be happy to make a "deposit" to help his campaign! ;)

Apparently the BBC are reporting that one of the side effects may be to de-stabilise attempts to rescue various Euro-Zone economies. Well, that could make perfect sense. Some 'Hedge Fund Manager' (in this sense a generic term for anyone corrupt enough to manipulate markets for their own gain) decides to take a huge bet on failing economies and uses the cover of the impending French elections to muddy the waters around who is responsible for taking down DSK.

Either way, the prospect of DSK going nuts is slight, so ask yourself who is going to profit?

Someone who has bet on Portugal, Ireland Italy Greece and Spain failing as economies?
Or someone who is desperate to stop the left getting a foothold in French politics?

The list of candidates grows!

Must admit John, without knowing as much detail as you, I thought the same thing - it sounds like a smear campaign.

Must admit John, without knowing as much detail as you, I thought the same thing - it sounds like a smear campaign.

Don't be so cynical, it was on the news so it must be true....

On 9/11 *
I'm getting a bit lost by now. Can I have a go at summarising where we are:

Side A: The CIA orchestrated 9/11 at the behest of the oil companies

Side B: Oh no, they didn't.
Side A: Oh yes, they did.

Side B: Who says so?
Side A: Lots of people on YouTube

Side B: How do they know?
Side A: Well, it's the sort of thing the CIA would do.

Side B: Even though there's a well-established group of ruthless people out there who have nothing to do with the CIA, who would love to kill thousands of people and who are quite capable of carrying it out, you still think it's the CIA?
Side A: Yep

Side B: But why?
Side A: Because Americans drive big cars. And then there's Building 7.

Side B: What about it?
Side A:The BBC said it had fallen, even though it was still standing behind the reporter.

Side B: No, it wasn't. The reporter was sitting in front of stock footage from earlier in the day.
Side A: Well, what about the thermite?

Side B: What thermite?
Side A: They found thermite just where the alleged planes were alleged to have hit.

Side B: No, they didn't. They wouldn't have needed it anyway. A fully fuelled 767 travelling at 300 mph carries the punch of half a dozen cruise missiles.
Side A: Well, anyway, it must have been the CIA, because I don't like the Americans.

Side B: Why not?
Side A: Because they drive big cars.
  • Moon Landings: Cheaper to go to the Moon than to maintain a falsehood for 4 decades;
  • Aliens in Area 51: just too silly to be even argued;
  • JFK Conspiracy: No evidence whatsoever, and what would be the point anyway? Was it orchestrated by LBJ, who was the only real 'beneficiary'?
  • Y2K: Was very, very real *
  • 2012: Magnetic poles switch *: it wouldn't make the slightest difference to anything. Such switches have happened many times in the past.
And while we're at it: ET Crop circles, UFOs and Nazca Lines; Atlantis in legend; Bermuda Triangle; Pyramidology; etc; etc: hoaxes or fairy stories. Von Daniken; Blavatsky; Velikovsky; Adamski: self-deceived or unscrupulous exploiters of the gullible

* these have been well-discussed in other threads.

On 9/11 *

• Moon Landings: Cheaper to go to the Moon than to maintain a falsehood for 4 decades;
  • Aliens in Area 51: just too silly to be even argued;
  • JFK Conspiracy: No evidence whatsoever, and what would be the point anyway? Was it orchestrated by LBJ, who was the only real 'beneficiary'?
  • Y2K: Was very, very real *
  • 2012: Magnetic poles switch *: it wouldn't make the slightest difference to anything. Such switches have happened many times in the past.
And while we're at it: ET Crop circles, UFOs and Nazca Lines; Atlantis in legend; Bermuda Triangle; Pyramidology; etc; etc: hoaxes or fairy stories. Von Daniken; Blavatsky; Velikovsky; Adamski: self-deceived or unscrupulous exploiters of the gullible

* these have been well-discussed in other threads.

I've got some lovely sea front property in Birmingham you might be interested in.

JFK - Something odd with that, he was probably bumped off by some powerful organisation but there was not necessarily a cover-up from within the White House, but from a powerful private organisation outside of it.

911 - The towers were not blown-up by the US government that is just silly. But it is possible that they had intelligence that the attacks were going to occur and felt it was beneficial for them to not act on it. Ultimately I believe this didn't go as they intended, but the US would certainly have allowed 911 to justify the invasion and occupation of Afghanistan, Iraq and Iran.

Here's some other thoughts? What really happened to Madeleine McCann?
and what about Ben Needham all those years ago?
The mystery of Jack The Ripper and related conspiracies.

I don't really think the world is going to end next year :D

My kind of thread... ;) :smashin:

I'm with you brembo. I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to know logical answers to events and situations that simply don't add up and are left in limbo....

It does seem apparent (or coincidental) that a lot of the big events that have happened in the world within the past century seem to involve the US Government in some form or another. I would first like to make it clear that I have nothing against the American people themselves, however I do have my suspicions about what goes on behind the scenes within the White House and it's administration.

The big ones for me are the Moon Landing. The Russians won the race into space (Sputnik) and it would have been catastrophic had the American Governament at the time, not been the first to put a man on the moon after such a set back. This was a win at all costs race. There's lots to the moon landing that simply don't add up.

- Shadows and lack of stars on the Video Footage are highly suspect!
- The US flag waving in some kind of sudden breeze!
- How the Astronauts actually got past the Van Allen Radiation Belt in the first place? Look that one up Wiki.. ;)
- And then theres the leaked Video & Audio footage of capcom and the Neil Armstrong staging or rehearsing certain events while in earths orbit. One such con was to simulate what looked like the earth from a distance using a partially covered lunar capsule window and blackening out the rest to give the illusion that the capsule was a great distance from the earth and nearing the moon!
- Lastly why Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin have never publically given detailed interviews of their experiences since the event. Sworn to secrecy maybe under penalty of Death, JFK style??

The other one is the events of 9/11 where there's a magnitude of unanswered questions which would probably take down the forum if I listed them all.. :laugh:

Not forgetting the whole pentagon incident, amazingly skillfull pilot, and where it hit, who died, the impact hole. Aircraft grounded on 9/11.

Something stinks.

Agreed :smashin:

I think they call them cruise missiles... ;)

When 9/11 happened I was only working part time, so watched news obsessively.
One morning the BBC played a recording of a mobile phone call from flight 93.

Part of it went something like, "there's an F16 to our right and behind. There's a flash from beneath its wing. Something's coming at us. It's a..........................."

I never saw that clip again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom