The Conners (ABC)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Roseanne, which will follow Will and Grace and Fuller House with its own modern revival, complete with original cast.

Deadline reports that multiple networks like ABC and Netflix are circling an eight-episode order for a Roseanne revival, which would include original series stars Roseanne Barr, Sara Gilbert and John Goodman also to return (????), with Laurie Metcalf, Johnny Galecki and more likely to drop by. Original series producers Tom Werner, Barr and Bruce Helford are aboard, with Gilbert joining the ranks.

'Roseanne' Reboot Challenge: How to Explain John Goodman's Return (Video)

‘Roseanne’ Getting Revival With Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert & Co.

Last edited:
ABC officially confirmed today what has been speculated for months. A revival of the hit blue-collar family sitcom Roseanne has been greenlighted at ABC.

The eight-episode reboot, which Deadline first reported exclusively, will feature the original cast – Roseanne Barr (Roseanne), John Goodman (Dan), Sara Gilbert (Darlene), Laurie Metcalf (Jackie), Michael Fishman (D.J.) and Lecy Goranson (Becky). It’s slated to premiere in 2018. Sarah Chalke, who played the character Becky in later seasons, will also appear in another role.

Shameless star Emma Kenney has been tapped to join the eight-episode reboot as a series regular.

Kenney — who has played Debbie Gallagher on all eight seasons of Showtime's Shameless will take on the role of Harris, Darlene (Sara Gilbert) and David's (Johnny Galecki) daughter.

image.jpg

Last edited:
So they're managing to be up to date by having a cross-dressing and black kid. Will one of them date or befriend a Mexican too?! Seriously though, this could work as Roseanne et al. were good at having more sober themes injected into all the buffoonery.
John Goodman was the main reason I watched and will be again.
You can only wonder what a certain X of Roseanne's will be thinking of it all.

Enjoyed first episode, based around the current USA political climate.

- largest viewing figures in four year for a sitcom on any network

Where can you watch it in the UK?

Can't say this is one of my favourite sitcoms, used to watch it occasionally. But was intrigued how it would compare after so many years. Must admit I thought it was quite funny and it was good to see all the old faces back.

Seeing the viewing numbers are good, this might start a trend and we see a few more revivals.

Loved this as a kid, if my memory serves me correctly, I used to watch it on Channel 4 on Friday nights back in the 90s, think it was on at 10/10:30pm on a Friday, could be wrong with the time, but I know I'm correct with the Channel here in the UK.
Btw, are the complete seasons available on DVD? I read somewhere a few years back that there are no complete/definitive releases, is this still the case?

Hang on - is Dan in this? Didn’t he die in the original?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom