The Comic Strip - Five Go To Rehab

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
The Comic Strip will return for a new film on UKTV's Gold, Five Go To Rehab, will catch up with the Enid Blyton spoof characters as they struggle with life in the real world, having failed to achieve the ideals expressed in the series' first ever film, 1982's Five Go Mad In Dorset, and the 1983 episode Five Go Mad On Mescalin.

The GOLD commission also includes a 2-hour retrospective of the cult series.

Negotiations between production company Great Western Features and original stars including Dawn French, Adrian Edmondson, Jennifer Saunders and Robbie Coltrane, are currently under way.

The Comic Strip series returned to its original home of Channel 4 in October 2011 with its first film in 6 years, The Hunt For Tony Blair. Having begun on Channel 4's own launch night in 1982, the format moved to BBC Two for a number of years from 1990 - making GOLD the third channel to be home to the series.

nipbiplip

Looking forward to the 2 hr doc

Love The Comic Strip, and still watch the classic ones regularly

More Bad News is essential viewing

Redline

The Comic Strip 2 hour documentary is on this Saturday on Gold @ 9.00pm followed by the original Five go mad in Dorset.
Tonight on Gold @ 11.00pm is Mr Jolly lives next door. (one of my favourites)

HMHB

Distinguished Member
This wasn't very good really was it - yet another disappointing return of a once classic comedy.

I assume we all know the fact that there was never "lashings of ginger beer" in any of the books but I can forgive them that.

What I can't forgive them for is getting the characters wrong. George was the cousin of the other 3 and they're always making her out to be their sister. Even in the early episode she saying Aunt Fanny and Uncle Quentin - they were her mother and father.

Yes I'm an annoyed old git who read all of the original books as a kid :)

krish

Distinguished Member
"lashings of ginger beer" was first coined in the original 1982 Comic Strip ep Five Go Mad In Dorset
- now often wrongly attributed to Blyton (as mentioned in a recent QI)

Anyway, I preferred last year's The Hunt for Tony Blair on Channel 4

unique

The Comic Strip 2 hour documentary is on this Saturday on Gold @ 9.00pm followed by the original Five go mad in Dorset.
Tonight on Gold @ 11.00pm is Mr Jolly lives next door. (one of my favourites)

is this getting repeated or on demand? i can't see it on demand? i presume it's not something in the dvd box set i have?

the five go to rehab is on at 10pm tonight on gold, it's not on demand either

Rawschach

Distinguished Member
It's on anytime, discusses some of the episodes such as bad news, fistful, glc etc

It made me got my box set out to watch shouting George again

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom