The Comey Rule (Sky) TV Show Review & Comments

Really looking forward to watching this.

Cheers Tom. Very much looking forward to this one, will probably jump in over the weekend.

I was a little worried about how they'd portray Trump, but looks to be how I favoured it would be.

I enjoyed it (for Daniels and Gleeson more than the story per se) but found it too drama-tastic and annoyingly my 'main man' Comey: the blind sword of no justice.
That 28 day nothningness; with no real explanation of how that came about at such a crucial time but supposedly heavily sought after Comey in reinvestigation, had me going, Oh Billy Ray (hick!) , you're settling for, oh we missed that, perhaps we should do something? WTH! That's it. So, both Comey and Kelly supposedly just forgot and the pestering from the other law agency that were purportedly all over "the c*** Hillary" never pestered either? But we're to believe that the reinvestigation went at top speed and it was just an administration error? And they wonder why conspiracy nuts were and are going crazy in disbelief.
It was confused points that got me with Ray, who clearly, in my opinion, tries to paint Comey as neutral but then slants things further against Trump with godawful foreboding music, melodrama., needless added scenes like Trump's leering and groping at Miss World contestants, pushing away the makeup woman and showing how Comey only really went for Trump in his desperate scribblings and Andrew McCabe 's push for Russian investigation after Trump had either of them in his sights.
The musings by them about how the FBIi is an immortal kind of being that can and will always exist free of intervention by anyone also had me laughing. All that was missing, was the camp fire, marsh mellows
and singalong.
It's muddled but enjoyable for the leads.
Oh and I liked William (Alexandre dumbass?) Sadler as General (does this beachwear make me look like a wax glow light?) Flynn a lot.

Last edited:
I enjoyed it (for Daniels and Gleeson more than the story per se) but found it too drama-tastic and annoyingly my 'main man' Comey: the blind sword of no justice.
That 28 day nothningness; with no real explanation of how that came about at such a crucial time but supposedly heavily sought after Comey in reinvestigation, had me going, Oh Billy Ray (hick!) , you're settling for, oh we missed that, perhaps we should do something? WTH! That's it. So, both Comey and Kelly supposedly just forgot and the pestering from the other law agency that were purportedly all over "the c*** Hillary" never pestered either? But we're to believe that the reinvestigation went at top speed and it was just an administration error? And they wonder why conspiracy nuts were and are going crazy in disbelief.
It was confused points that got me with Ray, who clearly, in my opinion, tries to paint Comey as neutral but then slants things further against Trump with godawful foreboding music, melodrama., needless added scenes like Trump's leering and groping at Miss World contestants, pushing away the makeup woman and showing how Comey only really went for Trump in his desperate scribblings and Kelly's push for Russian investigation after Trump had either of them in his sights.
The musings by them about how the FBIi is an immortal kind of being that can and will always exist free of intervention by anyone also had me laughing. All that was missing, was the camp fire, marsh mellows
and singalong.
It's muddled but enjoyable for the leads.
Oh and I liked William (Alexandre dumbass?) Sadler as General (does this beachwear make me look like a wax glow light?) Flynn a lot.
I wish I'd had the room to talk about every single member of the cast. Joe Lo Truglio, Jonathan Banks, Michael Kelly.
Harmon Walsh as Don Jr was spectacularly sleezy.
Man, everyone in it was great.

I wish I'd had the room to talk about every single member of the cast. Joe Lo Truglio, Jonathan Banks, Michael Kelly.
Harmon Walsh as Don Jr was spectacularly sleezy.
Man, everyone in it was great.
Ben-Adir was a bit hit-n-miss. He never wholly captured the start-stop of Obama's spoken patterns or, his sense of commanding ease with others, that ran both ways in asking for advice and giving instruction.
I was initially a bit unsure with Gleeson too; who appeared to miss the casual deploy of latter made bomb-laden clause points, that Trump tags around what appeared to be finished sentence points so well. However, as it went on, and is actually described as such, it became self-evident that the mafia boss approach took dominance and Gleeson romped home on that with ease.
Scoot was great in hitting the unsure needy man on the hill but always off it because of it - although the whole decision to make him a narrative point felt hokey to me.
Michael Kelly does what Michael Kelly does best. Hardly a stretch and after seeing him in House of Cards and other roles over the years, namely, the right hand.
An exceptional ensemble, I agree Tom, that could be raved on about and made me think, wouldn't it be typical of an awards group if they snubbed the show for everything but randomly picking one of them?!

I'm amazed Comey managed to write a book given his unfortunate memory problems. :devil:

(Look forward to watching 'The Comey Rule' at some point though).

Will definitely give this a go at some point.

But I feel whatever Jeff touches that has a political theme, it's always going to be compared to "America is not the the greatest country" speech on Newsroom and in fact his views on the current political situation. I'd quite happy just to listen to him talk about that for 2 hours.

enjoyed it a solid 7 from me.

10/10 from me.
Absolutely splendid.

Watched it yesterday, a 9/10 for me.

Gleeson totally kills it as Trumpy and Daniels is amazing as Comey... Wish it was longer than two eps but good insight and fun behind the scenes.

9/10 for me.

Performance of the year so far at the moment is Ethan Hawke as John Brown in *The Long Good Bird*
On par with Jared Harris in Chernobyl..

Watched the first two episodes last night (NowTV have split it into 4 episodes), and was very enjoyable.

Some serious schmaltz at times; and just when you think it's over there's a bucket load more. But Daniels is great as always, and being interested in US politics it has me hooked on the whole crooked Hillary affair.

Yet to see Gleason as Trump, although that will be in Episode 3 for sure.

Perhaps they deserve a lot of credit for making it accessible too. It's fairly entry level stuff with regards to what happened, it certainly could have been more complex I think if they'd wanted it to be. With regards to the relationships and investigation, which they appear to have largely skirted over quite quickly.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom