Votes: 60 49.2%
  • with sugar or other sweeters

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • without milk and sugar - black and not sweetened

Votes: 34 27.9%
  • no coffee at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Gentlemen, is there a list within this thread of recommended bean suppliers please?

failing that, please recommend away.

thanks

t.
I thoroughly recommend Pact. Always been good for me. Here's a code to get £5 off (if you order I get £5 off as well)...

Pact Coffee

Can anyone spot the point at which I swapped from my pact subscription to the redber dark espresso subscription?!? :D
9B062A27-72D3-49FE-9363-9AE51B448C9D.jpeg

Those are used grounds before anyone asks...

As a matter of interest, why do you keep the used grounds?

I was going to ask... :laugh:

They are really good for the garden.

I did think that was the case as well but did further investigation which has cast a doubt over that theory. Stuff I was reading was saying the opposite so I am throwing mine away.

Reading between the lines they are probably better as a mulch/weed suppressor around well established plants than as a fertiliser. No reason not top compost them though.

I don’t have any spare space in the garden for composting so have never bothered.

I was using them as fertiliser around veggies. Having another google and I’m not sure now! When I looked last time, the top results said it was a good idea. Hmm.

I was using them as fertiliser around veggies. Having another google and I’m not sure now! When I looked last time, the top results said it was a good idea. Hmm.

Indeed I was convinced before I bought this machine that I’d be using them in the garden and then I happened upon other articles and decided not to use them. Probably worth keeping an eye out for future research :)

I put all mine in the council supplied weekly food bin for them to compost.

I’m tempted to get a grinder as well as the delonghi machine that I have just got. I did a search back through this thread and got a couple of ideas - the favourite so far looks like a Dualit one.

Can anyone recommend any others for casual use please? I’d probably used the ground coffee in a cafetière

I’m tempted to get a grinder as well as the delonghi machine that I have just got. I did a search back through this thread and got a couple of ideas - the favourite so far looks like a Dualit one.

Can anyone recommend any others for casual use please? I’d probably used the ground coffee in a cafetière

We used to use a Dualit Burr grinder. It's not the current model but was mains powered with a clockwork timer and a very fine control of the grind to suit whatever use you have.
The hopper held a full bag of beans which was handy for us but perhaps less important if you're only using it once in a while.
Gave brilliant results we only stopped using it because we bought a Melitta Bean to Cup machine so haven't had any cause to grind coffee for any other purpose.
Looks like the current one is good too though they've changed the design.
So I'd recommend the brand if not the machine from experience.

Our Dualit is just sitting on the counter if you were interested I'd be happy to stick a "for sale" thread up and pop it in the post. Going rate on eBay is about £30 but I'd be looking for a bit less for a fellow AVFer! Tag me if you're interested and I'll post a thread with pics in the right place :thumbsup:.

Does it not have a built in grinder?

Yes it does but I would like to use different beans for different drinks and you can’t switch beans easily in this type of machine :)

I would use the stuff I grind separately in a filter machine or cafetière for example and leave the Espresso beans in the Bean to Cup machine

Yes it does but I would like to use different beans for different drinks and you can’t switch beans easily in this type of machine :)

I would use the stuff I grind separately in a filter machine or cafetière for example and leave the Espresso beans in the Bean to Cup machine
Ah gotcha. Sounds like a faff though. :D

Maybe don't order so many at once? ;)

I suspect it’s because it’s all so new. I’m buying different packs to find out which my favourites are. I can only drink so much caffeine in a day otherwise I’m awake all night.

I have a BTC and I only put 2 scoops of beans in when I want a coffee, so if I want to use different beans it's an easy job, why fill it up?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom