Votes: 60 49.2%
  • with sugar or other sweeters

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • without milk and sugar - black and not sweetened

Votes: 34 27.9%
  • no coffee at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've just got myself a bean to cup machine and want to buy some coffee beans from Tesco or Asda to get me started. I'm a bit too lazy to read through 76 pages of this thread :) Could someone give me some ideas of brands to try please?

As I get used to the machine, then I'll look into buying the more exotic stuff :)

Last edited:
When you say "give me some" do you mean literally send you some or give you some bean recommendations?

When you say "give me some" do you mean literally send you some or give you some bean recommendations?

Sorry about the confusion, I’ve edited my post :) I wanted suggestions please !!

I don’t buy coffee when I’m out! I always remember on my many trips to Italy skiing many years ago that their coffee was great. I think Italian style coffee will be my starting point, but there’s a few different brands of this style available

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Besides my Miele B2C machine, I also have a Nespresso/Krupps CitiZ plus Aerocinno 4 milk frothier. I always end up using the latter, as my Wife can’t be bothered in using the Aerocinno.

To remedy this situation, I’ve just bought a Nespresso/DeLonghi Latissima Pro. I assumed the Coffee would taste no different. I was mistaken. A little hotter than before, and the Milk from the attached Milk frothier doesn’t resemble the consistency of wall insulation compared to the Aerocinno.

Also, SWMBO is now able to produce a Latte Macchiato at the touch of a button without instruction from me.

I've had a look around, and I don't think I can see a thread about coffee beans...
What are you fine ladies & gents buying nowadays, and from where? We're going to change our Nespresso for a Delonghi btc machine (not bitcoin, bean to cup) so we need to try a few coffees to figure out what we like.
I usually drink espressos or long black coffee, the Mrs usually drinks lattes or shorter milk drinks.
Thank you!

...and here we are :D

Heh, thank you! I did think we had one, but I just couldn't find it. I'll have a look through the last few pages, but any bean suggestions are welcome (beans where to get them, etc). TYVM!

Heh, thank you! I did think we had one, but I just couldn't find it. I'll have a look through the last few pages, but any bean suggestions are welcome (beans where to get them, etc). TYVM!

I asked the same question a couple of days ago but only one person replied :)

I've had a look around, and I don't think I can see a thread about coffee beans...
What are you fine ladies & gents buying nowadays, and from where? We're going to change our Nespresso for a Delonghi btc machine (not bitcoin, bean to cup) so we need to try a few coffees to figure out what we like.
I usually drink espressos or long black coffee, the Mrs usually drinks lattes or shorter milk drinks.
Thank you!
Anything from here - Pact Coffee
If you use that link, we'll both get a fiver off the next bag of coffee. :thumbsup:

I guess this goes hand in hand - once the Delonghi arrives, I'll be looking to move the Lattissima+ on to another home. I'll post a Classifieds ad, but just a heads up in case anyone was considering one.
(Black, a good few years old, in good working order, will clean and descale it thoroughly)

I get lots of redber.co.uk, their good and not a rip off, I do not like Pact far too dear.

Thank you!

Highly recommend Tynemouth Coffee Company's "Tynemouth Espresso" (particularly if you like Monmouth). Quick shipping too.
Beans – Tynemouth Coffee

I buy green and roast my own.
You cant get fresher and cant beat the taste and the crema it makes.

I buy green and roast my own.
You cant get fresher and cant beat the taste and the crema it makes.

I agree that's the best solution, but I have neither the equipment nor the time, never mind the experience. Maybe when I retire :laugh:

I agree that's the best solution, but I have neither the equipment nor the time, never mind the experience. Maybe when I retire :laugh:

I know the feeling. I'm semi-retired and can't be bothered either :)

Have you got any beans yet? I'd be inclined to start with Tesco or Asda own brand Espresso beans to give you a benchmark, then try some of the branded beans and see if you find they are any better. e.g. Tesco Espresso Coffee Beans 227G - Tesco Groceries

Head’s-up; Nespresso’s current incentive to buy a new machine is the provision of 150 free capsules on registration.

The expectation was that I would be able to choose my own preferences for various capsules. No such luck, as a Nespresso delivery today contained a random selection of 150 capsules.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom