Quantcast

The coffee fanatics thread...

arenaman

I'm sure crema is the foam on top of a shot of coffee when its pulled, rather than the milky foam when steaming the milk.

Like in this video of mine...

You're right, I was meaning the in built frother which I thought was called the latte crema system but looks like it's a name for the whole thing, froth, espresso shot etc

arenaman

Does the milk come out reasonably hot?
It seems hot enough, I'll stick a temperature gauge in it tomorrow morning when I make my next one and see what it reads

Thug

Distinguished Member
Don't forget, if you have the milk too hot it can burn and spoil the taste a little.

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
Don't forget, if you have the milk too hot it can burn and spoil the taste a little.
True but I’ve read a lot of reviews of milk frothing attachments to coffee machines that say the milk is cold to tepid at the most. Warm milk would be good ;)

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
I use a thermometer when I add milk for guests. Much simpler to just drink espresso. :)

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
I use a thermometer when I add milk for guests. Much simpler to just drink espresso. :)
True if you like espresso. Similar to people who drink black tea like my Dad, can’t stand it.
Milk or no milk it’s all coffee :) :smashin:

HMHB

Distinguished Member
I’m probably considered strange in that I drink black tea but white coffee. I hate milk in tea and don’t really like black coffee

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
It measures at 150 degrees which I believe is just about right
Thanks. Think I might go for a decent but not too expensive bean to cup espresso maker (which most likely will come with a milk frother of some kind anyway) and then just get the Lavazza or similar if the built in one is no good.

Just need to work out exactly which model to get from the growing list I'm making :)

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
I never heat above 65c which is 150f so sounds right.

BT Bob

I never heat above 65c which is 150f so sounds right.
When I heat milk on mySage Duo-Temp, I heat to 60c and find it keeps heating little after I turn the steam off - so probably maxes out about that too. Plenty hot enough if you're adding it to a warmed cup.