• with sugar or other sweeters

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • without milk and sugar - black and not sweetened

Votes: 34 27.9%
  • no coffee at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thanks.
The SJ is about 2' high, which might be a little too big.
The mini is doser only and seeing as though I make 1 or 2 coffees at a time and only grind when I need (fresher that way) then I don't want a doser really. And its just more to clean.
I think you confused them, mini comes only as doserless version. SJ can be easily modified to suit home use, clean sweep mod and egg timer mod keeps loose grounds to minimum. And if it's too high you can swap hopper for rubber lens hood (like 5 quid on eBay)

I will recheck when home.
I quite like the look of the
BARATZA SETTE 270W

I will recheck when home.
I quite like the look of the
BARATZA SETTE 270W
Also a great choice, practically no retention, great grind adjustment. Only advantage of mazzer is easily available parts, but you shouldn't have problem with Baratza as well

As this is an AV site: Just like with Hifi, the final product can't be better than the source aka: rubbish in rubbish out. Now of course the better the coffee machine the better you can bring out the best of the ground bean, but if you've ruined the beans before brewing, then there's not much can be done. Having said that, compared to some of you guys I'm at the Bush Music Centre end of the spectrum :D.

As this is an AV site: Just like with Hifi, the final product can't be better than the source aka: rubbish in rubbish out. Now of course the better the coffee machine the better you can bring out the best of the ground bean, but if you've ruined the beans before brewing, then there's not much can be done. Having said that, compared to some of you guys I'm at the Bush Music Centre end of the spectrum :D.

Not just you HH, I feel like a pauper with my lowly BTC with it's built in grinder :laugh:.

£400+ for a grinder, I'm out!!!

Oh yes, my skills are improving. Anyone ordered a latte?

IMG_1339.jpg

Nice article in today’s Telegraph. Here’s a snip.

IMG_2039.JPG

And where to buy your beans.

IMG_2040.JPG

While this might not interest many here, I was surprised to receive an email from Starbucks advising that it's online store 'is going away' on 1st October.

I've really enjoyed buying their variety of Coffee Beans and Nespresso Capsules. There's no explanation on Starbucks' reasoning behind this decision. I can only imagine that such online trading was unprofitable.

While I'm sure that I'll be able to buy such products directly in a Starbucks store, my experience is that they don't carry the whole range of Coffee that is ordinarily available online. Then, it's often more convenient to shop online that seeking-out the 'closest' store.

And where to buy your beans.
My thoughts on that beans source article,
Colonna = Very good but Expensive
Pact = not tried them for fear of being spammed to insanity once leaving.
Workshop = Tried their coffee a couple of times, not that impressed but I'll get round to trying them again someday.
Sainsburys = Modern Standard is pretty good, I bought a bag from Sainsburys last year, but not for me. Due to the fact that they don't put the roast date on the bag which is a factor for me. Maybe only in an emergency.
I have places on my round where I can buy decent quality coffee beans anyway if I cant wait for an internet order to turn up.

Pact were surprisingly good on the spam front, so have no fear.
I can also refer you for a fiver off for both of us if you fancy it. :)

Well I bit the bullet and ordered up my new grinder, a Baratza Sette 270W

sette-270w-isolft-bnp2.jpg

I am now going to list my IberItal on classifieds if anyone is interested?
HD0866 Iberital MC2 Auto Grinder

And it's arrived.
So far so good.

Attachments

• IMG_4046.JPG
    IMG_4046.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 74
I've gone back to the fruit and nut espresso from PACT after trying a few and this still being my favourite.

Ive gone bottomless.

Attachments

• FBE7BF41-96E4-4344-AD10-B1E38F5D8152.jpeg
    FBE7BF41-96E4-4344-AD10-B1E38F5D8152.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 81
Far from it.
I found it easier. You can see exactly where you going wrong/right. For instance if the stream is over one side you are not tamping evenly. If it’s blonding too early your grind or tamp pressure may not be right.
You can learn far more going bottomless.
Not only that but the crema is FAR better.
There is no dripping when you take it off either.
Wish I done it years ago, and definitely the best £30 I have spent for my coffee making.

The only issue I do have is water leaking from my seal, so may have to get a new one.

Last edited:

Good effort. Better than me, I tried a Naked portafilter on my last machine (Gaggia classic) It would spray everywhere no matter what. I've got a naked portafilter on my machine too, but I put a blank basket on that & it keep it for backflushing.

in other news, I've got this lot to get through before it goes stale....

790kdZe.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom