Quantcast

The coffee fanatics thread...

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
It measures at 150 degrees which I believe is just about right
Thanks. Think I might go for a decent but not too expensive bean to cup espresso maker (which most likely will come with a milk frother of some kind anyway) and then just get the Lavazza or similar if the built in one is no good.

Just need to work out exactly which model to get from the growing list I'm making :)

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
I never heat above 65c which is 150f so sounds right.

BT Bob

I never heat above 65c which is 150f so sounds right.
When I heat milk on mySage Duo-Temp, I heat to 60c and find it keeps heating little after I turn the steam off - so probably maxes out about that too. Plenty hot enough if you're adding it to a warmed cup.

Grimley

I paid Algerian Coffee stores in Soho Yesterday & walked out with a espresso shot glass (£2.50 which I thought was cheap) & these: (see the pic)

Australian Skybury Coffee, I never thought I'd get hold of Australian coffee as Their coffee scene is more established than it is over here, so I thought that it would be kept for domestic consumption so I assumed. Not the case but Algerian Coffee stores has been around for 133 years so its reputation in the coffee world must be respected.

Attachments

BT Bob

another vote here for rCUP, the lid is fantastic design
Looking on Amazon, there's a few people commenting on the "taste" of the cup itself affecting the contents (tea/coffee). Have either of you experienced this?

Mister_Tad

Greased the sleeve and piston (ooh err) of my Londinium-R last night, some graphic nude photos...

I was surprised how tiny the inlet ports were inside the sleeve, didn't even see them at first and you can't even see them in the photo - four of them perhaps 2mm in diameter, and was hugely confused as to how the water actually got in there.

lee1980

Oh that is rude wow thats awesome, I didn't realise need to grease lever on group head on mine for ages, deff needs doing after running cleaner through it! I got same grease good stuff!

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
And it still serves Nespresso!
I drink Nespresso most days at work but there is no way any machine should be that much that uses pods.

Mister_Tad

Those are all over most EMEA office locations at work. They make a worse coffee than the little Nespresso machines you get in hotel rooms in my experience (which are presumably the same as home ones that use the "cups" rather than "tablets"... if that makes any sense at all), but still mainly passable for an office-based caffeine fix.

It's more drinkable than at the UK HQ where they went big on a £15k on a bean-to-cup machine that makes coffee I'd be offended to sniff, let alone drink.

Last edited:

Mister_Tad

That's just reminded me I'm on the last legs of my current supply and need to reorder.

I need to get more organised, as Foundry is moving to one roast day per week - I usually manage to misjudge how many days-worth I have left, and order too late and run dry for a day. This is in spite of the fact that I've been reliably ordering 1.25kg every 2-3 weeks from Foundry since the last forever.