• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

The clown and the speed camera

gibbsy

There is a favourite spot for the revenue cameras on the M4 near Bridgend and true to form they were there this afternoon raising cash. I joined the motorway at the east bound slip road and was nicely picking up speed to about 65 and was quickly catching a blue Fiesta and a gold Landrover when the driver of the Fiesta spotted the camera van on the overhead bridge. The idiot slammed on his brakes, the Landrover, because he was a little too close had to brake and was forced to swerve into the fast lane. Luckily the road was quiet and the lane clear for a good few hundred yards.

Bearing in mind that I was closing the gap on both these cars at just 65 they were way under the limit yet the prescence of the camera almost caused a very nasty accident.

The strange thing about this favourite site is that it is approached both way around a slight bend and so the camera is seen at a late stage. Going east bound there a four other bridges crossing the motorway but they are all on the straighter parts and can be clearly seen. Funny how I've never seen a camera van on any of those bridges.

GuestOfHonour

Is that the bridge after Sarn and just before the Pencoed turn-off?

I have seen them a few times on the bridge leading up to the Treforest slip road as well. The swines.

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
agreed there is one road in coventry which while a very wide road which becomes a dual carriageway either end, swiftly becomes a 30 zone. there is also a very busy turn off, so busy that people have to dart out at any opportunity, the type of place you really need to keep an eye on anyone pulling out on you, however this is also where the working speed camera is, so much so you do spend more time watching the speedo than anything else! meaning there are many accidents! all of which possibly because rather than look at the junction for cars pulling out, all of the attention is on the speedo!

Toasty

Distinguished Member
Reminds me of a 2.4 children episode where there is a car chase down an open road with several vehicles speeding along. Cut to a picture of a stationary police car with each vehicle now moving past it at around 10mph :D

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom