The Clint Eastwood Collection

Garrett

Reaction score
I saw that they are starting a Clint Eastwood collectionof his flims on DVD’s whilst I was in WH Smiths today and they had an offer on for the first one at £3.99 has anyone got it yet, if so what is the picture quality like and format?

I got Where Eagles Dare R4 from australia recently, it has had a high definition telecine transfer and looks pretty good. I'd imagine the R2 coming out soon will be the same.

I just saw them advertising the collection on TV and Where Eagles Dare is in the collection, as looks all his films are.

I was talking to someone before I got a DVD and he said he got Dirty Harry and it was a surround even though it was not so on relies.

Originally posted by Garrett
what is the picture quality like and format?

The question you need to ask yourself Garrett is do I feel lucky? Well, do you Punk?

Have an other banana Clyde
imurevenge.gif

;)

If the regular price is going to be £5.99 (just guessing), i'd imagine these are going to be the most basic versions of each film. Having already got the Dirty Harry & Dollars boxsets, i would still be interested in some others - 'Coogans Bluff' being one.

Didn't they do the Carry On... films series as well - as I remember they were basic 4:3 versions.

Originally posted by Deansimm
If the regular price is going to be £5.99 (just guessing), i'd imagine these are going to be the most basic versions of each film.

I think the regular price is £8.99

Originally posted by CrazyHorse

:eek: :thumbsdow :rolleyes:

I'm not 100% on that, but I'm sure I read that price somewhere. If I can confirm it, I will.

[slightly off topic]

does anyone know if this is a proper new version of 'Coogan's Bluff'?. I know it doesent give any info, but i'm just going on the evidence of it being a pre-order. I also read that all other versions out so far have been cut.

Originally posted by CrazyHorse

I suppose you could pick some of his film as cheap if not cheaper from some suppliers. The only thing is you get a magazine with the DVD as well which if connoted with film it comes with may be worth picking the occasional one.

Originally posted by Lex
Didn't they do the Carry On... films series as well - as I remember they were basic 4:3 versions.

Actually the Carry Ons are a very nice Anamorphic Widescreen (& great picture quality :smashin: ) even though some say 4:3 on the box.

Im going to collect the Clint's as well. The way I look at it is I think the mag is worth at least around £2.50 so Im only paying £6.49 for the dvd (£5.49 for the Carry Ons as they are £7.99).

Picked up The Enforcer last week for £5.99 from Music Zone.
WS, DD5.1, Clint doc and all.

Think i'll give the mags a miss.

Besides i'm already getting the LOTR model mags @ 5.99 each, which is enough for me.

If the Clint mag is anything like the LOTR one, then there's not much to 'em. 12 pages of basic info probably worth about a £1.

Oh and don't forget those binders a tenner a go!

I got a copy of the magazine and DVD today. For those who wanted to know i can confirm that:

The usual selling price will be £8.99

The DVD contains no extra features (but then again i dont think the retail version does either according to Play and Amazon)

The picture format for Dirty Harry is 2:35:1

The sound is in 5.1

The magazine looks like a good read and for £3.99 its a good deal, but i not sure i will be paying £8.99 for anymore.

I saw Dirty Harry & Deadpool at £4.99 each in Safeway ,on the cover it says " Clint Eastwood collection" . Jim

I think it's fair to say that you can get pretty much all of Clint's old classics on DVD as cheap or in most cases cheaper elsewhere.

It's usually the way with these 'collectable mags'

Originally posted by NoEntry2k
The DVD contains no extra features (but then again i dont think the retail version does either according to Play and Amazon)

The version I have in the Dirty Harry Collection Box Set is the Special Edition and contains the following extra's...

Original Documentary - 6mins 48

Dirty Harry: The Original - 29mins 44

Interview Gallery:
Clint Eastwood
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Robert Urich
Patty Clarkson
Andy Robinson
Evan Kim
Hal Holbrook
John Milius
Ted Post
Joel Cox

Theatrical Trailer

I think this version is available separately from the box set.

Just found it for £9.99 at Benson's World

Cybersoga, wher did you get the High Def version of Where Eagles Dare from please?

it's not a high definition dvd as such, but made from a high definition master, then downsized for dvd, which results in better picture quality. Region 1 is the same, and i'm sure region 2 will be too. I got it from http://www.ezydvd.com.au

Unlike the Lord of the Rings mag, the Clint one is quite a good, informative read.

Hi,

Just to let you know, I contacted DeAgostini - the publishers of this magazine - about the series.

All the DVD's will be in their original aspect ratio's, where possible, as the DVD's are being sub-licensed to DeAgostini by Warners. All the films will have no extras, but will be 16:9 / Widescreen-format compatible, where possible.

The collection will run to 33 issues (or DVD's) in total, and will retail at £8-99 per issue.

All DVD's will be in proper, clear, Amaray cases, and not bloody Warner Snappers! :clap:

Hope that's of interest to you.

Pooch

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom