The city of lights, the city of angels..

Miranda

Novice Member
Although this is not from Los Angeles ;)
I took this tonight. I wasn't sure I'm going to take part at all this month, as this is not really my strength, but here it is now :)
Edited in Lightroom. Brought the saturation down a bit, this was bright orange as the lights tend to be. Brightness up a bit, to bring out a couple of details. That's about it. No crop, what you see is how it was taken.
EXIF

Day 26. We built this city... by Marika II, on Flickr

shotokan101

Suspended
Very nice shot M - great composition too - looks even better larger on black :cool:

Jim

RajP

Distinguished Member
Love the composition and great shot.. I find the twigs to the right of the picture a little distracting but as they are quite well blended in, I just ignore them. I would love to see this same photo taken with smaller aperture like f8 to allow more of the light detail to be captured and trails from car lights. Great Location!!:thumbsup:

BTW I love that bokeh shot you have on the same page..

Miranda

Novice Member
Thanks guys. Due to the late hour (late as we had our kids with us) and the massive downpour, I didn't really fancy spending a long time in search for the ultimate spot :) But when I go there again, I will find a place with no branches in the view ;)
As for the trails, the exposure wasn't really long enough to make any trails. The lack of tripod didn't really make it easy to do a LE shot in the first place :) Like I said, I wasn't prepared and here's the best I could do under the circumstances :) Thanks for the comments, every single one appreciated, good or bad :)

edit: And what comes to the watermark.. it IS my picture, after all :) And I think, compared to many others I've seen around, mine is quite tasteful still ;)

Last edited:

OneEyedStuart

Distinguished Member
For hand held this is excellent, would have prefered smaller aperture but as you say... for a non prep shot it's understandable :)

KH

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom