The Cielplus Thread

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Jon Read, May 5, 2007.

1. Jon Read

Jon Read

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I know this has been chatted about elsewhere, but I thought a thread with its name in the title will help other users of Cielplus know where to post.

So how many users are there here of Cielplus ? I got mine last week and am still getting to grips with it. So far so good though, if you have a bit of technical knowledge then I can really recommend it.

Be good to hear from other users of this and what you have been able to do with it and any hints and tips, etc.

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +763
    I had one on loan for a few weeks and found it pretty good; being a longterm user of TSReader Pro (for other purposes) helped.
    The loan was so I could do a review for Martin who runs the Satcure website.
    I was subsequently contacted by and wrote a review of it for Wotsat mag which was in their March edition.
    My wife would never get to grips with it but my 25 year old son managed it.
    22 year old daughter didn't try - considered it too technical.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

3. Cielplus

Cielplus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We at Cielplus have been busy over the past months collecting Amstrad DRX-100s as these have proved to be the best receiver to work with our product. We have full shelves now of these and our cards and so have decided to go mad and do a summer sale!

Our website has the full details but if you are interested the box and card are going to be sold for less than we were selling the card alone!

A bit of technical info for you all whilst we are here posting. It has been noted that some of the digiboxes have been 'updated' recently so causing the digital interface to stop working. This update can be overriden by performing an update of your own, hold down backup button whilst applying power (website has more info), then allow the unit to download and restart. Provided you keep the unit powered up the digital port is alive again. If it does loose power just perform another download and its back on again!

Our friends at coolstf have released several increments of their TSReader product and made some nice enhancements to the EPG recording settings which are most useful, so if you haev TSReader get yourself updated!