The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, the third in the series began principal photography on location in Queensland, Australia, on Monday, July 27th. Filming will conclude in November 2009, then it goes into post-production.

As we all know, Disney dumped the franchise once Prince Caspian lost money. Prince Caspian, directed by Andrew Adamson cost $225 million to make, in the USA it made $141,621,490, hence why Disney pulled out off the third. But the film went onto to make a total $419,651,413 worldwide.

The production now is a joint venture between Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation and Walden Media.

Directed by Michael Apted (The World Is Not Enough, Gorillas in the Mist)

Lucy and Edmund Pevensie return to Narnia with their cousin Eustace where they meet up with Prince Caspian for a trip across the sea aboard the royal ship The Dawn Treader. Along the way they encounter dragons, dwarves, merfolk, and a band of lost warriors before reaching the edge of the world.

10th December 2010

Looking forward to this, enjoyed the first two...:smashin:

First Look at Dawn Treader

Georgie Henley as Lucy Pevensie

Dawn1.jpg

Ben Barnes as King Caspian and Skandar Keynes as Edmund Pevensie

Dawn2.jpg

Dawn3.jpg

I cant wait for this one, possibly my favorite book in the series :thumbsup:

Same here, glad that they made a third, sod Disney

I think that posters a bit dull, even if it is a teaser. Looking forward to the film however.

The first two films were awful. Maybe a change of director will improve the series. The Harry Potter films only really got good with the third film, when they got in new talent.

The first two films were awful. Maybe a change of director will improve the series. The Harry Potter films only really got good with the third film, when they got in new talent.

I disagree. I think the second Potter is highly entertaining and very well adapted from the original text. The third film is generally regarded as the standout work directorially, but it had the strongest book from which to draw material and in my opinion does a rather poor job of the conversion. Guess it depends how much you like HP.

Can't say I was terribly moved by the Narnia films - too bland for my liking, but so are the novels. I remember enjoying Dawn Treader enormously as a child though.

Can't say I was terribly moved by the Narnia films - too bland for my liking, but so are the novels. I remember enjoying Dawn Treader enormously as a child though.

I never read the books and it's my wife who's the fan. I sat in expecting to be as bored as I was with The Lord Of The Rings films but much to my surprise I really enjoyed them.

She likes the HP films too but I hate them.

Bri

I found the first one uninvolving or 'bland' as you say but I really enjoyed the second one. I think The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is one of the best of the books so look forward to the film.

I'm not very impressed with the trailer I thought it was pedestrian.

I think it looks ok and pretty much just like the previous two.

Just about remember these books from my childhood. Truly fantastic and easy to lose yourself in another world.

On the big screen they cannot compete but they lose more credibility with wooden acting (quite rare to find gifted child actors that bring a real believability to the characters (HP films failed to in that respect).

Having a well known voice doing Aslan to is a joke too. Every time I see the lion I just think, hmm that's Liam Nielson and it takes you out of the picture.

Think i'll maybe give the books another go some time and see how they've (or I) aged.

On the big screen they cannot compete but they lose more credibility with wooden acting (quite rare to find gifted child actors that bring a real believability to the characters (HP films failed to in that respect).

Having a well known voice doing Aslan to is a joke too. Every time I see the lion I just think, hmm that's Liam Nielson and it takes you out of the picture.
I don't have a problem with the acting, child or voice. I think the directing is the problem and it's a shame they've given Adamson the directing chores for this third instalment. He directed the Shrek films as well but I don't think the success of those films was down to the director but rather the premise, the writing and actors involved. I was hoping they'd give another director a go as they did with Harry Potter as the Narnia films haven't really excited the public imagination. Everything about the films' has been competent but ordinary.
Just about remember these books from my childhood. Truly fantastic and easy to lose yourself in another world.

Think i'll maybe give the books another go some time and see how they've (or I) aged.
I read the books recently since first reading them when I was 8. I'm in my 40's now and enjoyed them almost as much as when I first read them.

wonder whether they will ever make movie for all the series until the end?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom