The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010)

WilliamTM

Does anyone know how this was filmed in 3D? Using 3D cameras or post-processing?

Also, while we're on the topic of 3D, does anyone know if there's a quick and easy way to find out what movie was made with what method?

cebs_uk

Does anyone know how this was filmed in 3D? Using 3D cameras or post-processing?

Also, while we're on the topic of 3D, does anyone know if there's a quick and easy way to find out what movie was made with what method?

I was just about to post the same question before i take my kids tomorrow. We didn't think toy story 3 was worth the 3d , does anyone think 3d or 2d is best?

I missed film 2010 so don't know if they mentioned it but review show is on now and might.

cebs_uk

nothing technical mentioned in the review for this or tron, just pure waffle about kids , christians and kings . . .

cebs_uk

It was filmed in 2D and then converted to 3D during the post processing period.

Cheer for that.
The cinemas that charge extra for 3d should charge less for fake 3d imo.
Titans was rubbish in up converted 3d , has there been any good live action films in up contested 3d. I forget if saw 7 was proper or fake 3d.

Singh400

Distinguished Member
Cheer for that.
The cinemas that charge extra for 3d should charge less for fake 3d imo.
Titans was rubbish in up converted 3d , has there been any good live action films in up contested 3d. I forget if saw 7 was proper or fake 3d.
Saw 7 was filmed in 3D ;)

Andrew Mogford

Sadly, early box office figures are in from the States and the opening day grosses for this were half that of Caspian!

I love Narnia but the signs for the future aren't good.

Seeing this tomorrow - and will be providing the official site review. This time I am taking my niece (who was only four when the original was out and would have been terrified by Caspian) to provide me with a child's opinion :D

cebs_uk

well we went yesterday and it turned out to very good imo.
The 3d was ok and very good in several parts, good cgi throughout the final part was excellent and quite scary.
All my kids loved it they range from 6 to 15 and my 6 yr old worked you who aslan is in our world and then what that meant aslan's world was.
The newest boy had the best part and played it very well. A very good family film and i hope at least 3 more get made.
On a side note this was the first time i have seen extra adverts in 3d even the cushin bear ad , the best one was sky and two football clips my other son even ducked out the way.

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member
wonder whether they will ever make movie for all the series until the end?

They'd need to make a prequel for The Magicians Nephew

brian s

Distinguished Member
Sadly, early box office figures are in from the States and the opening day grosses for this were half that of Caspian!

What a shame. Against expectations I really enjoyed the first two. I'm hoping this one's good as well and if so I'd like more.

Bri

Andrew Mogford

The opening day box office in the states was

$25m for LWW
$22m for Caspian
$8.5m for Dawn Treader

However, it has done better than expected internationally so all may not be lost.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom