The Christmas Chronicles 2 (Netflix) Movie Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
I wasn't expecting too much, as I thought the first was OK.
No doubt the bubble will insist on this and be more content to ride with this and the thematic rest, until the wheels fall off by the time Christmas finally arrives. Where's those boiled sweets...

So we're calling that a 10 then Cas. If only for the presence of King Kurt.

Nice :D

Does Goldie Hawn's complexion actually look like that nowadays?

Or have I finally succumbed to the onset of cataracts and that's smoothing everything out? I wouldn't dare suggest that the press kit photographer had access to a copy of PhotoShop or that there has been any cosmetic surgery going on...

Does Goldie Hawn's complexion actually look like that nowadays?

Or have I finally succumbed to the onset of cataracts and that's smoothing everything out? I wouldn't dare suggest that the press kit photographer had access to a copy of PhotoShop or that there has been any cosmetic surgery going on...
Polyfilla.

The mini crabs much preferred this to Jingle Jangle as it was "more magical"... But I wouldn't have a clue as I slept through most of it. Think that's a pretty accurate review!

It was ok. Not the Christmassy film the first one was; this is more like your bog-standard mcguffin-based fantasy adventure. Kurt is still great and I liked the girl. I much preferred the sections in the real world than the North Pole. The chubby kid out of Wilderpeople is absolutely terrible and I dont understand why he keeps getting work. 5/10 mostly for Kurt. Think the first works best as a standalone xmas film rather than a franchise.

Christmas cheer 50%

Last edited:
It was ok. Not the Christmassy film the first one was; this is more like your bog-standard mcguffin-based fantasy adventure. Kurt is still great and I liked the girl. I much preferred the sections in the real world than the North Pole. The chubby kid out of Wilderpeople is absolutely terrible and I dont understand why he keeps getting work. 5/10 mostly for Kurt. Think the first works best as a standalone xmas film rather than a franchise.

Christmas cheer 50%

This 3000%.

The only explanation I can come up with is that they designed the
elf
first and had to work backwards to find a suitable actor.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom