The cheapest Sky package, please help

Julio V

Banned
Hi,

I am going to take the " CASH BACK" promotion programe from Sky ( you buy LG tv)

My main purpose of joinning Sky is to become Sky customer to get 'cash back' offer. Sky 3D is unfordable because of Sky will take me alot of money then give me the channels I don't want ( don't like)

My question is: can any body suggest the cheapest package ( TV only, no broad band, no phone call)? It seems to me: Movie package ( HD pack) 8 pound is the cheapest? Why the monthly payment is 10.25 pounds???

Is there any hiden cost except 10.25/ month such as: joining fee, first bill....VAT....

Please help

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
The cheapest package is £19.50 per month for one entertainment pack to which you can add other packs such as a Movie Pack (£8 each per month) or HD Sub (£10.25 per month) - neither of which are available seperately - or the Sports Pack or additional entertainment packs.

Additional costs may include paying for the Sky box and installation - these will depend on the terms of the "Cash back" or on the packages you choose from Sky. Where is this offer advertised?

Last edited:

Julio V

Banned
The cheapest package is £19.50 per month for one entertainment pack to which you can add other packs such as a Movie Pack (£8 each per month) or HD Sub (£10.25 per month) - neither of which are available seperately - or the Sports Pack or additional entertainment packs.

Hi, thanks for your advice

What happen if I remove Entertainment pack? I choose Movie pack only ( Movie 2),

It seems £19.50 is the cheapest one? Is it true? Why? when I was going to check out, the basket checkout says: total monthly pay: £10.25 :confused: I think I will pay £10.25 per month

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
Hi, thanks for your advice

What happen if I remove Entertainment pack? I choose Movie pack only ( Movie 2),

It seems £19.50 is the cheapest one? Is it true? Why? when I was going to check out, the basket checkout says: total monthly pay: £10.25 :confused: I think I will pay £10.25 per month

You cannot have the movie pack on its own so cannot cancel the one entertainment pack. Movie packs and Sports packs are premium packages which are added to a basic pack of a minimum of one entertainment pack. Basically entertainment packs are £1 each and the additional £18.50 for the basic pack is an "administration fee". The £10.25 is an additional HD subscription. If you are signing up on the Sky website when you proceed to the next steps in the checkout it will reject your application until you add additional packs.

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
OK I have now seen the LG TV cash back offer so it basically means that you have to join Sky first. To do this there are two ways (without phone or broadband)
1 As a Sky+ subscriber which will cost a minimum of £27.50 per month plus £49 for box plus £30 installation but will include one entertainment and one movie pack - see this page Free Sky+ box - Pause, rewind and record live TV - Join now
2 As a Sky HD subscriber which will cost a minimum of £29.75 per month plus £49 for box plus £30 installation but will include one entertainment pack and the HD subscription and £50 M&S vouchers - see here Sky+HD - Get a Free Sky HD box and free set-up when you join Sky

The receiver you get in both cases is identical it is just that the second method includes the HD versions of your subscribed channels. You will get the free HD channels in both methods. If you want additional packs on either method they will have an additional cost e.g. Movie Pack 2 at £8 per month (which would be included in the Sky+ option)

Do you really think Sky will give away a receiver costing £149 for a mere 12 month commitment to £8 per month ( as well as the cash back offer of £300 they are part funding on your TV) - you really are joking aren't you? The box is yours to keep even if you cancel after 12 months and will still receive FreesatFromSky free channels.

Last edited:

Julio V

Banned
Do you really think Sky will give away a receiver costing £149 for a mere 12 month commitment to £8 per month ( as well as the cash back offer of £300 they are part funding on your TV) - you really are joking aren't you? The box is yours to keep even if you cancel after 12 months and will still receive FreesatFromSky free channels.

Hi

Thanks very much for your good understand about Sky packages
It seems

I will let you know when I have cash back. If you search this forum for LG lw550T, there are alot of members who are on the same boat.

logiciel

Sky 3D is unfordable
can any body suggest the cheapest package
We're here to help, but a look at a Sky site would have given you the details right away.
There are several sites as have been linked, and this one that simply lets you build up the package by price: Packages.
On the other hand I'd hadn't heard of this arrangement that commits you to a films pack and increases the minimum from £19.50 to £27.50.
There is no additional charge for the 3D channel but it is available only to customers with the £62.50 SkyWorld pack.

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
On the other hand I'd hadn't heard of this arrangement that commits you to a films pack and increases the minimum from £19.50 to £27.50.
The subsidised box is only completely free (except installation) when taking phone and broadband plus TV for the £19.50 plus £10.25 HD sub.

Last edited:

logiciel

Yes, I was only referring to the monthly payments.
Where did you find the reference to this "LG TV cash back offer"?

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
We're here to help, but a look at a Sky site would have given you the details right away.
The trouble is with the Sky site is you can modify your basket below the minimum requirement and it won't stop you until the final stage of checkout - which is what I believe the OP was doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

logiciel

That's the minimum requirement for this offer - yes I get that now.

golly99

George mead in the Lg forum has confirmed you can get the tv first then become a member of sky as long as you claim before that date in June

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom