The Chase

Garrett

Reaction score
Not realy a top class quiz program but still worth a watch. 4 contestants try to make money and not be eliminated. Then in the final round all those that are left are allowed to answer as may questions as the can in 2 minutes, and then the brain box of the day called The Chaser has to answer as many in the same time, if they do the contestants get nothing, if they fail the contestants share the loot.

2 of the 3 The Chaser's are right sarcastic, today a weight challenged woman started off been sarcastic and said to the contestant "I've got dead relatives where you come from more clever than you" later the contestant got a question right which was Cold Feet, to which the contestant said to the Chaser something like "I'm not surprised you got Cold Feet with all the body your blood has to circulate":rotfl::smashin:

Im I the only one here to watch this?

last night was really a grudge match the other Chaser that like do dish the sarcastic remarks got good dose of his own medicine back and was quite peeved. He made a lot of mistakes on the final answer session and I'm sure Bradly Walsh was speeding up the questions more than he normally does so The beast could get the enough in before the time ran our.

No, I watch it to, as far as afternoon quizzes go its not to bad, do prefer eggheads though. Haven't seen the black chaser in action yet but guess I just keep missing him, the program seems really weighted against the chaser imo, instead of how it tries to come across the other way. Seen the weighted woman and guy, they are very sarcastic but I find it quite funny.

Think the chasers adding their bit of personality is the thing that makes the program watchable for me, not to keen on bradley walsh- he definitely speeds up towards the end of the time with the questions as well.

No, I watch it to, as far as afternoon quizzes go its not to bad, do prefer eggheads though. Haven't seen the black chaser in action yet but guess I just keep missing him, the program seems really weighted against the chaser imo, instead of how it tries to come across the other way. Seen the weighted woman and guy, they are very sarcastic but I find it quite funny.

Think the chasers adding their bit of personality is the thing that makes the program watchable for me, not to keen on bradley walsh- he definitely speeds up towards the end of the time with the questions as well.
Shaun Wallace is the best of the lot although comes out with the comments it does not come across as being nasty but more leg pulling, he even will sing, and Bradly pulls his leg about it.

I don't know if I go the wrong end of the stick but I spoke to someone to today and they got same impression. When Jane Eyre was a answer Bradly said to the Beast I did not think you get that one and the Beast said I know my Jane Austin. Wrong it was wrote by Charlotte Bronte.:rolleyes:

I get pretty annoyed with some of the contestants telling the other players to go for the highest amounts then not doing so when its there turn but last night I was totally disgusted with one woman, who told the first to go for the higher amount, then when it was her go took the lowest, then when the next player won what must have been the highest amount 11,000 or 12,000 told him to got for an even higher amount. He stuck with what he got and then got knocked out. Was I glad that the Chaser won the last round:clap:

I get pretty annoyed with some of the contestants telling the other players to go for the highest amounts then not doing so when its there turn but last night I was totally disgusted with one woman, who told the first to go for the higher amount, then when it was her go took the lowest, then when the next player won what must have been the highest amount 11,000 or 12,000 told him to got for an even higher amount. He stuck with what he got and then got knocked out. Was I glad that the Chaser won the last round:clap:

Yeh I get like that as well, its when they take the minus offer that really shocks me, they must look like such prats

But sometimes the middle offer has such little disparity from the lower offer, especially once its divided by 4 that they might as well take either the lower offer and almost guarantee return for the end or risk it big for the higher offer. Not sure who my favourite chaser is, quite like the beast :D

Trouble is if everyone took the lower amount non of them would go home with much, it seems like they are very greedy telling someone else go for the higher money yet chickens when its their turn.
Although the times when say someone gets 2000 or 1000 and the lower offers 200-400 its better to go for the lower as its an other one at the end answering and at least 1 step on the board. But the woman in question middle amout was realy good. But chickened out yet when the guy they really wanted back at the end and won the huge middle amount told him to go for even more.

I like Shaun Wallace he's never realty nasty and nearly always compliments of the contestants at the end even if they loose. The other use to be really nasty but seem to have turned it down a lot. Think it was The Beast the other night despairing at some comment a contestant made he started banging his head on the table or chair.:laugh:

Last edited:
I watch it also. When there's absolutely nothing else worth watching on tv. It's one of those programmes that I find a ''guilty pleasure''.

The Beast changes his tune the other week someone got though the first round and said to the Beast something like "I beat the Beast" to which the Beast replied "you not beaten me yet that happens in the last round".
Funny when today he was offering in the first round said "£28,000 says you cant beat me".

Oh dear no wonder the banks are in such a state.
Investment manager answering the question : Which footballer player won his last England Cap in 1957 age 42.
Investment manager reply: David Beckham.
Real Answer: Stanley Mathews

Did any one watch this Mondays there was this little grey haired old lady who I thought said she was 57, I though good grief no way, so I asked someone else who was in an other room at the time how old did they think they were and they said in there 70s which I thought was more true and though I miss heard so I watched on ITV1+1 and yes they said 57.

Anyone else see this and think the same. I crap at guessing ages but some realy stand out there saying a younger age than they must be.

Think it be better to say an older age and think by heck there well preserved, than come off it your older than that.

Any one know what happened to the new chaser they mentioned last Tuesday Jenny(the Vixen) Ryan. She was show when the showed the line up of chasers yet that was it, she not been shown in the line up since or been one of the featured chasers.
Only thing I can think is there showing them in the wrong order and made a mistake showing that episode too soon.

WOW I was just looking at what was on the other channels at the moments when I saw The Chase was coming to an end on Challenge. And 3 contestants got up to 22 and they were up against Mark Labbett and he missed on a few questions and got at least 1 push-back, and something amused one of the contestant and they started laughing, and Mark responded almost immediately with something like this in a off hand way:you can shut up. Anyway in the short space it took him to say that I don't think it would have mattered as he still had 2 steps to go. But said something like at the end in a huff, Good team, bad sportsmanship, didn't deserve to win and I'm off. He then shut up and walked out.

BTW only asking for an opinion on this, but does Mark get it in before the klaxon, on it after? He definitely gets in before the 20 goes to 21.
The Chase viewers angry at "outrageous" decision over Mark Labbett's answer in the final chase

Mark just being his chaming self again.
Question was which of the following is a small island of the Firth of Forth which is the site of a light house?
Little Rock:Bass Rock:Fraggle Rock
Contestant chose Little Rock, I know Little Rock is Arkansas and I sure Bass Rock round there, and Fraggle Rock is a TV program so I think its Little Rock.
Answer Bass Rock.
Mark: you did all the hard work and chose the wrong one numpty.

Has anyone been watching it this week? I thought there were some really funny moments.

BTW any one who's not seen the series Bradly not serous and says stuff jokingly.
One day Bradly was really taking the piss out of Shaun and then something came up to which Bradly said something like 'Space the Final Frontier where no man has gone before'. Shaun says to Bradley 'I thought that was your wallet.' Bradley looked like he been hit in the face with a wet fish.

Then yesterday they had a male contestant on who was trainee solicitor on.
The conversation went something like.
B. whats your hobby?
C. I got a passion for embarrassing boxset's, Sex in the city, good to tell the nation I'm a fan of Sex in the city,
b. Good to tell the nation, what other boxset's
C. One Tree Hill all season, all the teenage girl shows. I do a lot of sport to balance it out.
B. what like Lacrosse!
B. what sport do you play
C.I play football, boxing, I go in the gym a lot, I like to balance it out.
B. Oh your climbing back up that ladder. What would you do if you won today. Buy Desperate House Wife's?
C. I watched few series of it but didn't like it.
B. Oh you made it through a few series to make your mind up.
B. What would you do if you won some money today.
C. Id buy a car.
B A pink Beetle.
C. a Ford Focus.
B. that's it son set your sites.

Later.
Which of these shows aired first in the UK
A Big Breakfast: B Big Break: C Big Brother

B. Please please please get this right, have you heard of them.
C. Iv heard of Big Breakfast and Big Break but I'm too young to remember them.
B. Obviously Big Brother far more recent so its a flip of the coin between A and B.
C. No I went for C.
C. Oh the question makes sense now.
The Beast. Face Palms.
B. I liked you up till just then then, we were getting on real well, and you done this you ruined the show.
B. You come here deliberately to ruin my show.
C. You done that all by yourself.
Every one has a laugh.
B. genitally grabs hold of the contestant turns him away from the camera and says 'you want to watch it sunshine.'
B. you pressed C to go though with £3,000, Ill eat my own head.
Yes the answer was B
B. you know what mate I thoroughly enjoyed your company.

Did anyone watch this last night?
The had a good guy on first who got to £9000 on his questions and then went for it against the Chaser. Next contestant went for a lower offer of £300 and when questioned about going for it said he was still adding to the pot. I missed the next contestant amount but went for the lower amount. Last contestant also went for the lower amount. I think the pot ended up at £6200. The first guy answered the vast majority of the question and was up in the 20s The Chaser only got half way to it.
I felt sorry for the guy he could have gone on the show on his own and come away £9000 as it was got stuck with, well lets put it this way I was extremely disgusted with them.

^^ Yes, it does my head in when say the first one or two contestants get a good amount the next ones go for a minus amount ( their just freeloaders imho) undoing all their hard work!
I always hope that those that choose the minus amounts get caught by the chaser :mad:

^^ Yes, it does my head in when say the first one or two contestants get a good amount the next ones go for a minus amount ( their just freeloaders imho) undoing all their hard work!
I always hope that those that choose the minus amounts get caught by the chaser :mad:
I've seen some on the first go get vast amounts like £30,000-50,000 and they told the other 3 to take the lower amount so there 4 at the end and yet some cant demean themselves and go for the middle what the won in the first questioning.
But the guy if last night if he gone on his own would have walked away with £9,000 as it were he had more or less taking away and then wanting a share. As it was he only got £1,550.

Same when they take the low offer I hope the Chaser gets them in fact I was hoping the Chaser get all the 4 last night not to get at the first guy but the other 3.

I always hope the chasers gets the ones that take the lower offer and I hate it when Bradley Walsh says You done the right thing.

There was a girl the other week a couple of people got around £33,000 she took the minus offer of -£3000. She answered 1 question they won it and Bradley Walsh said to the 2 guys you both owe whatever her name was a big drink as you could've been caught if she didn't answer the question.

What about them? They answered every single other question and could well have known the one question she answered she just pressed the button first.

so did they win the money in the end chase ... after all that lol ? :D

all revealed in the video, simple to follow, its not Westworld :rotfl:
YES, they had 40,000, jumped to 160,0000 with wining 'car plant' answer

all revealed in the video, simple to follow, its not Westworld :rotfl:
YES, they had 40,000, jumped to 160,0000 with wining 'car plant' answer

its not Westworld ... lol I like that :laugh:

It was not in that video though was it ... shown in the next video ;)

this one ...

its not Westworld ... lol I like that :laugh:

It was not in that video though was it ... shown in the next video ;)

this one ...

Sorry i though you just meant the final question for £120,00 not the show result, :D

Sorry i though you just meant the final question for £120,00 not the show result, :D

No worries ha ha ;)

So it was as confusing as Westworld after all then :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom