The Championship & EFL Thread

When In Rome

Distinguished Member
I worked on site with a big Shots fan throughout the 90's - Chris Vidler from Farnborough.
A long shot (pardon the pun) but any chance you know of him?
Name does ring a bell actually. Our older fans would I expect, I'm wondering now if Shots have ever played Crystal Palace in anything? There's nothing I can recall, like a cup tie.

Name does ring a bell actually. Our older fans would I expect, I'm wondering now if Shots have ever played Crystal Palace in anything? There's nothing I can recall, like a cup tie.
I'm obviously older than you but in Div 3 in the mid 70's - we drew with you at home but lost away.
I was taken to both games as a kid. Had to look it up though.
:)

When In Rome

Distinguished Member
I'm obviously older than you but in Div 3 in the mid 70's - we drew with you at home but lost away.
I was taken to both games as a kid. Had to look it up though.
This is useful. We seem to have some pedigree in defeating London teams, big teams I mean like Crystal Palace and West Ham United. I mean, getting a draw at Selhurst Park for us must have felt like a win too.

This is useful. We seem to have some pedigree in defeating London teams, big teams I mean like Crystal Palace and West Ham United. I mean, getting a draw at Selhurst Park for us must have felt like a win too.
You're far too kind.
We thought a draw at Aldershot was a proper result back then.

How long have the Eagles been in the Premier League now? I don't know but I'm not remembering when it was they were last a Championship side? Beats me how Brighton is seen as a derby game too.
Our 7th season in the prem and yet there's some Palace fans still slagging Parish ...unbelievable!

Bloodzeed

Distinguished Member
so what performance from us this time round Lo Celso should be in the squad just start him ***
alongside Ndombele

sick of seeing winks sissoko partnership

Ryan Sessegnon is back in training returns from the longest hamstring injury i have even seen

Andy

so what performance from us this time round Lo Celso should be in the squad just start him ***
alongside Ndombele

Ryan Sessegnon is back in training returns from the longest hamstring injury i have even seen
Why is this in here?!! Christ, we haven't been relegated yet :laugh:

TwoJs

Distinguished Member
alongside Ndombele

Yep you probably will be in the Championship next season. :D

When In Rome

Distinguished Member
Not going to Boreham Wood. £20 to stand in the freezing cold watching us lose. Probably.

These tinpot town no-marks think they're in the fudgeing Championship.

Fair play to Harrogate - you'd have thought they'd won the league the way they celebrated.

That's because they knew they'd beaten a face, a name, a brand.