1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The CD-WOW plunge!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Buck Swope, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Credit card in hand, cursor on link but question in head.

Do R1 dvds from CD-WOW come with french writing on the covers? I've been searching the boards and their f.a.q. but can't see any mention of this anywhere.

2. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    Welcome to the Forum . :thumbsup:

None of my R1 have had French text as far as I know. Cd-wow are a great company you can trust IMHO. One of the best out there.

Cheers, Mylo:)

3. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply and especially the welcome. Most appreciated mate.

4. smiler

smiler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12

There are always exceptions but many are the same as the US versions while some have a little flash marking (the size of a 20p coin) on the front cover that says "version franches" but this happens a lot less than with a company like dvdsoon or even play247 who send their disks from Canada.

Smiler.

5. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just made my first CD-WOW order (first of many, so many bargins!!) but still holding out on the R1s. I may aswell get specific, it's the Master and Commander SE 2 disc. Having French writing would put me off buying it (nothing against the French). Anyone else got a copy?

6. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,669
    Hi,

Personally, for me its all about whats on the dvds. Never hardly look at the covers!. And all those who by R3, do you ever worry about all the japanese, chineese, or korean text on them?.

rai

7. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The very reason i'm buying the R1 over the R2 version is for the Special Editon packaging (same content, better cover).

It's one of the same reasons I can't download films off Kazza and havevery few copied cds or dvds. Packaging plays a big part in my collecting.

I'm actually considering replacing my current French text dvds with thier R2 counterparts!

Strange thing is that I would consider buying Japanese, Chineese, or Korean (or French) dvds for collection purposes but I just think having both English and French on the cover looks horrible. Personal taste I guess

8. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi and welcome to the forums.............

I've had a shed load of R1s from CDWOW, none with French language markings......... If you consider ordering from DVDSoon, they usually put "(v.f)" - meaning "version Francaise" - after the title of dvds which would be marketted for French speaking markets in Canada and would have the covers in French.

If you're ordering R3s from CDWOW, they sometimes come with foreign writing on the covers, but lots of R3s I've bought from them have been in English.... you can often tell from the picture on the site, or check Dvdprofiler.

I'm not that fussed, tbh, variety is the spice of life, as they say.........

Sean G.

9. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All of these welcomes, respect, advice and good manners have taken me by surprise, but there none the less welcome. Definitely the only forum i'm posting on at the mo'.

I don't think DVDSOON or MOVIETYME's version of Master and Commander have French text so i've ordered it fom CD-WOW

Thanks to you guys CD-WOW now have my custom, saved me a few bob too. :smashin:

10. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,241
    Hi there

Another welcome to the forums, you will find our forums the best out there and the most friendly and helpful.

Moving this thread to DVD talk.
    This forum is just for special offers discussions.

Greg

11. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    It all depends on the distributor, as to whether R1 covers are bi-lingual or not. I have had several DVDs from CD-WOW, which contain bi-lingual covers, as the Canadian ones are obviously cheaper to source. There's a thread on this on the Movietyme Forum , which you might find useful. Apologies to Mods / Admin if this isn't allowed, or if there's a thread here somewhere - I haven't found it!

If you are fussy about not having dual language covers, suggest you try www.dvdpacific.com, who are almost as cheap as DVD Soon, but all titles are US sourced.

12. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is worth knowing that dvd soon put a little yf (or vf) on films which have bi-lingual covers

13. figrin_dan

figrin_dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Welcome

Steer clear of dts, PAL v NTSC and Star_Wars threads and things should be alright.

Much love to cd-wow.