The Catchiest Chorus Ever? (Listen)

MARTYB2K

Ex Member
Reaction score
This song's chorus is amazing. I just can't get it out of my head. It's abit of a strange song, but awesome. The 80's had the best music ever.

Listen:

No offence and all that - but is this the relaunched joke thread?
That was abysmal! (IMO of course...)

Sorry to offend anyone who likes it! (or is this a spoof thread that I'm not getting?)

Phil

Well it must be a aquirred taste. It's quite a well known song. I've heard it on Radio 2 a few times.

I would rather eat broken glass than listen to that again.

Always liked this record- Party Fears Two by The Associates.

The lead singer was Billy Mackenzie who not too long after making this record fell out with his label, to cut a long story short they sacked him, Billy asked for a cab home which they agreed to. Billy took a taxi from London to Glasgow :)

Billy Mackenzie & Stuart Adamson were two amazing talents who sadly commited suicide - I miss them and their music greatly.

Sorry, but THIS is the catchiest chorus ever!

Don't listen to it unless you want to end up mumbling it to yourself for a week. :devil:

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
re: the original post - loved the intro, the catchy hook, very nostalgic, brought back '80s memories, then the vocals started, hated them, struggled to persevere to the 'chorus' - do you mean the piano line? it is catchy, sure, but didn't hear any vocals during that bit.........

HATED this guy's voice...sorry....!

Don't listen to it unless you want to end up mumbling it to yourself for a week. :devil:

Now that's a proper tune:smashin:

damn that brings back some fond memories :thumbsup:

doh! I had to go and listen!

he sounds like dexy of midnight runners and i cant really make out what he singing . I never cared for all that new romantic stuff. One song my mum plays i like Feels like heaven by Friction Factory

has anyone hear heard Colorfactory there a Cz republic band its awsome so innocent its lovely .

http://septej.webpark.cz/colorfactory.htm

A cz republic student hear bought it over with her was very taken by it.

At last. The Bob the Builder themes gone now :smashin:

The Associates song, very good. It must be the piano that is the catchy bit. Most of the music i listen to is from the eighties. Time for some ABC i think.

Always liked this record- Party Fears Two by The Associates.

The lead singer was Billy Mackenzie who not too long after making this record fell out with his label, to cut a long story short they sacked him, Billy asked for a cab home which they agreed to. Billy took a taxi from London to Glasgow :)

Billy Mackenzie & Stuart Adamson were two amazing talents who sadly commited suicide - I miss them and their music greatly.

I was really into Big Country in the 80's and went to many gigs. I met Stuart Adamson a number of times (he fancied my sister) - and I can honestly say he was one of the nicest blokes you could come across, genuine and totally unassuming. I was gutted when I heard he'd comitted suicide.

Loved The Associates and Big Country!!

I guess you may also have heard possibly the last song recorded by Billy -
Pain In Any Language, by Apollo 440 from their album Electro Glide In Blue (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electro_Glide_in_Blue); a very haunting and moving track by the (normally) techno group in their 'Sonic Stealth Orchestra' melodic guise

I thought that they were both awful. The first sounded like some chap trying to sing whilst someone else was grasping his testicles tightly whilst Suzanne Vega doesn't so much as sing but talk rythmically.

if you hated them all it's no problem, just curious really :)

This song's chorus is amazing. I just can't get it out of my head. It's abit of a strange song, but awesome. The 80's had the best music ever.

Listen:

You are joking aren't you Marty :confused: . The '80s were terrible for music, where were you during the '90s??

TBH, I thought the tune that you picked was going to be this one. :devil:

No, it's Tuesday :eek: :eek: :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom