The Call of the Wild Review & Comments

must admit having seen the trailers and having grown up reading most of Londons work , I concluded it looked trite, so not for me

Thanks for the Review. Just watched the trailer &, yes, what IS going on with those eyes?
Honestly, from what I saw on the Trailer, to me "Cats & Dogs" (The 2001 Movie) has more believable expressive faces (put on real animals) than this.

Thanks for the Review. Just watched the trailer &, yes, what IS going on with those eyes?
Honestly, from what I saw on the Trailer, to me "Cats & Dogs" (The 2001 Movie) has more believable expressive faces (put on real animals) than this.
Another pointless remake too many of these around and more coming. Now I hear they are rebooting planet of the apes? when will there greed and desperation end? Answers on a post card! I would guess never!

Now I hear they are rebooting planet of the apes?
Wow! To me, the "recent" trilogy will be difficult to beat for a good few years yet. Much too soon.

Why are all the animals computer generated? This just ruins it for me.

Harrison Ford (left)
LOL
In case he now identifies as a canine.

I don't understand why they couldn't have got a real dog for most of this? Nothing takes you out of a film more than shoddy CGI.

Worth it just for that lead paragraph :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Yeah surprised they went with 100% CGI doggy and not a CGI enhanced one. Well they say never work with children or animals so I expect a lot of actors interacting with a tennis ball is the future.

CGI dog makes this film pointless. My guess is Ford's ego didn't want to be upstaged by anything tangible.

CGI dog makes this film pointless. My guess is Ford's ego didn't want to be upstaged by anything tangible.
In a recent interview, Harrison Ford mentioned that it was actually really awkward to work with a guy in a motion capture suit, rolling around and rubbing his belly.
I guess his long-standing motto came back into play: "always happy to be paid".

In a recent interview, Harrison Ford mentioned that it was actually really awkward to work with a guy in a motion capture suit, rolling around and rubbing his belly.
I guess his long-standing motto came back into play: "always happy to be paid".

He's getting on, so maybe he just wasn't into going to cold places for a few weeks.

I doubt that Ford's ego had anything to do with CGI woofer. PETA loved Buck the dog, they're hoping he'll buck the trend of using real animals on movie sets.

Bless them - they do a lot of good, and I'm sure there has been ill treatment of Animals on Movies over the Years (*cough* Apocalypse Now *cough*), but likewise I'm sure there are a bunch of trained animals that Love the play aspect. But PETA, like always, know BETTER than us. :facepalm:

He's getting on, so maybe he just wasn't into going to cold places for a few weeks.

Bless them - they do a lot of good, and I'm sure there has been ill treatment of Animals on Movies over the Years (*cough* Apocalypse Now *cough*), but likewise I'm sure there are a bunch of trained animals that Love the play aspect. But PETA, like always, know BETTER than us. :facepalm:

I'm sure dogs love the scenic locations but most of this film was green screened I believe, the tail wagger would be howling with boredom.

I'm sure dogs love the scenic locations but most of this film was green screened I believe, the tail wagger would be howling with boredom.
Oh, absolutely - I was more talking about future Movies with Animals filmed on Location, where it seems PETA would like CGI Animals as well.

Well let's just motion capture Mr Ford as well and then nobody has to worry about any "live" performances... :D

Healthy enough 65% fresh juicy tomatoes at the moment.

Well let's just motion capture Mr Ford as well and then nobody has to worry about any "live" performances... :D

I really like Harrison Ford, but in his Movies, he seems to have two speeds; almost still but lots of head-swivel, or run-like-heck :)

I guess for the former they could use a new technique called lack-of-motion capture!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom