The Cabin in the Woods arrives on Blu-ray in September

Discussion in 'Movie News' started by Steve Withers, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Steve Withers

Steve Withers
    Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,531
    Joss Whedon pays homage to The Evil Dead with his own cabin set thriller

How times have changed. Despite being co-written by Joss Whedon and co-written and directed by Drew Goddard who wrote Lost and Cloverfield, this ingenious thriller sat on the shelf for three years before finally getting released this year. This change of heart was undoubtedly due to the incredible success of Whedon’s The Avengers and these days if Whedon wrote down his shopping list, someone would probably film it.

The plot of The Cabin in the Woods appears simple, with five friends going for a break at a remote cabin in the woods and getting more than they bargained for. However with Whedon and Goddard at the helm, you can be sure that nothing’s quite that simple. The film, which stars Chris Hemsworth in his pre-Thor days, did well at the box office when it was finally released and garnered some excellent reviews. You can see for yourself what all the fuss was about when The Cabin in the Woods is released on Blu-ray on the 24th of September.

[​IMG]

Extras include:

• Audio commentary with writer/director Drew Goddard and writer/producer Joss Whedon
    • We Are Not Who We Are: Making The Cabin in the Woods
    • The Secret Secret Stash two-part featurette
    • Wonder-Con Q&A with Joss and Drew
    • An Army of Nightmares: Make-Up & Animatronic Effects
    • Primal Terror: Visual Effects

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  2. SirTiger007

SirTiger007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +204
    Any word on any extras? I'd love a commentary on the thoughts behind writing it

3. Steve Withers

Steve Withers
    Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,531
    I've added the extras announced for the US release, I'm assuming it will be the same for the UK. Some interesting stuff there, this is a release that I'm really looking forward to.