The Butterfly Effect 3

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
The Butterfly Effect 3 to hit the big screen

That usually means stateside, and a hand-full of cinemas, showing Horrorfest films, which dont make it over to the UK cinemas.

The third installment of the cult classic The Butterfly Effect with After Dark Films. The sequel was a direct to dvd affair, this 3rd movie will hit the big screen under the After Dark Horrorfest banner. The film is to be produced by BenderSpink, FilmEngine and After Dark Films. No casting details announced.

In The Butterfly Effect 3, a young man discovers he has inherited the powers of "The Butterfly Effect" and attempts to solve the mystery of his high school girlfriend's death using his newfound ability, only to unwittingly unleash a vicious serial killer.

"We're taking the Butterfly Effect to a whole new level of insanity," says BenderSpink's Chris Bender. "Holly's script is a tremendous ride and her take on time-travel is one that's truly original. This film will blow audiences away. We're thrilled to bring this franchise back to the big screen through After Dark Films and Horrorfest."

I thought the first film was decent but I had absolutely no idea there was a second. Is it worth looking for?

I thought the first film was decent but I had absolutely no idea there was a second. Is it worth looking for?

Meant to be poor although I have never seen the second one. I liked the first one too though!

Loved the first one (Director's Cut), second one was rubbish, with the only redeeming feature being Erica Durance :)

There was always going to be a 3rd one after the end of number 2. Hopefully number 3 is better than 2, which was mediocre at best. A big let down after the original.

Here's hoping.

The storyline sounds a bit naff for the third.

The second one ain't as bad as some sequels.

Liam

I thought the first one was a really interesting little flick. The second one was absolutely appalling though, a complete cash-in with no talent whatsoever involved. I'm not holding out a great deal of hope for the third!

I thought the first one was a really interesting little flick. The second one was absolutely appalling though, a complete cash-in with no talent whatsoever involved. I'm not holding out a great deal of hope for the third!

with all these sequels and other film sequels, they must be making their money to keep churning them out. So someone is making them popular.

i thought that about the 1st one as well.... ashton kuschter cant act for *****.....:rolleyes:

with all these sequels and other film sequels, they must be making their money to keep churning them out. So someone is making them popular.

Yeah I know, amazing really. I guess enough people bought the sequel on dvd on the strength of the first...erm...myself included. That was a real "why the heck did I pay money for this crap?" moment!

Yeah I know, amazing really. I guess enough people bought the sequel on dvd on the strength of the first...erm...myself included. That was a real "why the heck did I pay money for this crap?" moment!

:rotfl:

im still waiting for it to appear on tv,
i tell my sister its good and she can put it on her amazon list :D, im curious.

I seen this last night, the ending although predictable doesn't make it a bad film, it's got some heavy gore in it but it's in keeping with the story and not over used, there are worse ways to spend 90mins.

I rate it as 6/10 as does IMDB.

Liam

I didn't bother with the second, largely because I suspected it'd be a mediocre cash-in, which everyone else seems to have confirmed! :thumbsup: I liked the first, I like Erica Durance, and I'd be interested to hear some more opinions on number three. :smashin:

I seen this last night, the ending although predictable doesn't make it a bad film, it's got some heavy gore in it but it's in keeping with the story and not over used, there are worse ways to spend 90mins.

I rate it as 6/10 as does IMDB.

Liam

Still got this to watch, i did watch for 15mins but was to tired to care the first time round.

Like many here, didn't even know there was a second one, let alone a third !

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom