"The Bug [Too]" alarm flexibility?

jon_c0

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm pondering over getting either The Bug or The Bug Too (although I'm aware of the firmware bugs at the moment).

My main requirement, however, is that I can set up the following 4 recurring alarms to start on a DAB station:

Every Wednesday at a fixed time.
Every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at a fixed time.
Saturday at a fixed time.
Sunday at a fixed time.

I've looked over the manual on the Pure web-site, but it's a bit woeful to say the least - I can't tell whether it's actually possible to set-up alarms along the lines of "Every <whatever day> at this time" without having to set "one off" alarms.

Is the above possible? If so, is it only available in the latest, and seemingly more problematic, firmware?

Actually...I'd be interested in any DAB Clock/Radio that could provide the above flexibility in alarm setting. I guess what I need is the ability to set alarms to go off at the same time every week on a specific day, rather than just "Weekday", "Weekend", "Saturday", "Sunday" and a one-off setting that seem to be the norm...

Outside of (possibly, if someone could confirm) The Bug, the only other contender that I think fits the bill is the Roberts CRD39 (which seems a little...ehhh...ugly :) ).

Any advice?

You can definitely do this with The Bug (firmware revision 2.0). You have the choice of up to 20 alarm events, each of which can be set to the next occurrence of a particular day of the week, a particular day of the week every week, all weekdays or both weekend days. Hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom