"THE BUG" dab digital radio. Problems with SD card

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by Basskiddanny, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Basskiddanny

Basskiddanny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

My dad has one of the "Bug" BAD radios, and we cant seem to get it to record properly. We have tried multiple SD cards, and if you start recording it says the card is full, so if you format it then try again, it doesnt record anything.

Also sometimes it just says there is no card present when there is....Is this a common fault and is there a fix?

Dan

2. per-Sony-fied

per-Sony-fied

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Silly question but do the instructions say anything specific about the usage of a SD card?

3. SNA

SNA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The Bug seems to be fussy about which SD cards it accepts and works correctly with. I had some Lexar SD cards in various sizes, of which none would work with my Pure Bug.

I believe it states in the manual that the brands Panasonic and Sandisk are recommended. I subsequently purchased a Sandisk SD card which works perfectly. Which branded SD cards are you using ?

4. ProfessorYaffle

ProfessorYaffle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    I have a Bug and have not had a single issue with recording to SD card. I purchased a 512MB Viking SD card from Amazon for £16.80 as Viking were recommended by Pure. Upgrade the firmware to v1.2 (more SD card tolerant). Once firmware's been upgraded, do a reset by holding down the Menu button, then unplug the Bug from the mains. Power up, format SD card and see if things improve.

5. RBZ5416

RBZ5416
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,319
    Are you formatting the card in the Bug on a PC? I seem to recall that other devices that record to flash memory use the Fat16 file format that is unavalable on Windows XP. If this is the problem then I don't know if the Bug could reformat a card that's been formatted to Fat32. May need formatting on a Windows 98 PC.

6. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Sorry to hi-jack, but I've just turned my Bug on after 3 months and all I get is a blank screen. It lights up blue, but there is nothing on it - any thoughts anyone, please - can I do a hard re-set or something?
    Oh and I use(d) a Kingston card with no probs - firmware 1.2

7. KJ_Palmer

KJ_Palmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it's still under warranty, might be best to take/send it back.

SD cards with Bug - I've used both a Sandisk 512MB and a Puremedia 1GB card and they're both fine, though the 2GB SD card I used didn't work (can't remember make) - I couldn't seem to format it at all, though it works fine in my camera, which is where it's staying...

8. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Unfortunately I've had it 2 years or so.... thanks anyway.