1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The British Beach Experience

Discussion in 'Past Entries' started by RobertP, Aug 5, 2005.

1. RobertP

RobertP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG]

Dull grey rainy day today around London so off we went to the dull grey Seaside. Stopped at Frinton-on-Sea and walked down to the sea front.

All the beach huts and some of them crammed full of so many people you would not think it possible! It was like looking at a scene from another era. I had no idea beach huts were so popular and occupied in even the dullest summer days. There were even people in the sea.

I have cropped and resized this and lifted the levels a bit as the scene was lit only by one brighter bit of cloud.

This picture above is hosted on my webspace - which makes it visible without clicking through attachments. I'm not sure this should be allowed as it makes hosted pictures easier to view and my picture does not have to be compressed as much. I'll change it to an attachment as per the other entries if it is regarded as an unfair advantage.

2. electrolyte

electrolyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,077
    Nice pic Robert - you've captured the true essence of an English beach resort. I don't have a problem with you hosting the photo but maybe others will?

3. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    Like the picture Robert :smashin: The fact that it's taken for the comp particularly gives it an edge IMO

Hosting is fine as far as I am concerned, saves the drain on the forums server.

4. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I said i wouldn't give comment unil after the comp, but i've changed my mind. I like this Robert, i think it does sum up the British seaside very well as the guys said. Bit of the old Dunkirk spirit sitting at the beach in that weather:)

I'll be image linking my own from now on Robert, everybody is welcome to do the same, i'll even let them use my web space if they have none.