"The Bristol Show" ..... A/V bargains to be had?

U

Uzey

The Bristol A/V Show is coming soon (20th to 22nd Feb 2004) and I have never been. On the website and magazine adverts, it states that 'one off' bargains are to be had there!
As I'm currently looking at purchasing a Panasonic TH-42PW6 plasma display and Sony DVP-NS930V DVD player, is it worth me going to this show to see if I can get these items cheaper than I can off the internet (around 2500 GBP plasma and 220 GBP for the multi-region DVD player).
Has anybody here been to this show?
Is it worth my 2 hour drive?

Thanks in advance!

:hiya:

My experience of bargains at Hifi shows is normally things like Cables, CD`s, LP`s and at the end of the show they normally sell off the racks and stands cheap rather than having to pack them all away !

I think you would be very lucky if you get a Plasma cheap ?

AV sales have a cracking deal on the panny right now FREE 14" Panny LCD TV see special offers forum. There is a one weekend sales office were you can buy the wares of smaller manufacturers like Spendor Speakers etc but not really the big brands, but it is your best chance to see a very large number of plasmas hopefully well set up under one roof!

If there aint any bargains to have at the show then I suggest this, make a quick exit, nip over to the Imax Theatre knock back four bottles of stella 10 minutes before the film starts and then sit back and enjoy LOL.

Ghosts of the Abyss 3D - Dive down to the legendary wreck of the Titanic and explore the ghostly ship inside and out in this incredible 3D expedition.

Space Station 3D - the first-ever IMAX space film in 3D. Orbit the Earth at 17,500 mph to experience our greatest engineering feat since walking on the Moon!.

Human Body 2D - with ground breaking photographic techniques and unique biological imaging, The Human Body takes an incredible journey through the workings of the body.

Cyberworld 3D - The IMAX Theatre-At-Bristol takes film into the next spectacular dimension with Cyberworld 3D, a stunning collection of the best 3D from around the world

Bugs! 3D - Follow the lifecycle of a praying mantis, a beautiful butterfly and the array of amazing creatures that share their rainforest home. The star of the show, Hierodula, is Wildwalk's very own praying mantis, now happily installed back in the attraction after his brush with fame.

Sounds good if it weren't for the over-priced tickets to see these films! I don't mind forking out 15 GBP a ticket to see Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions but to just see some blown up documentary, it's a bit much!
Thanks for the suggestion anyway!

Uzeless.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom