The Bridge (US) FX

Episode 9: The Beetle

Now that was a thrilling episode. All the earlier immigrant murders seems out of place now with this revenge story. But the side stories with the tunnel etc have kept it interesting.

That was unexpected with
the old bag getting forked to death in the stable!, i just was not expecting her to die so soon.

I glad milf Alma is still alive and not in pieces, the other one is not a milf, she has no children :D

Last edited:
Started this the weekend, really liking it so far. Up to episode 6.
Think Kruger's character is excellent...." We can't have sex at work " :laugh:

Some gruesome scenes so far.

Episode 10: Old Friends

Im not really like this
Tate revenge
story line, i preferred the early plot lines when the killer was in the shadows, and we didn't know why he was killing all these people, is
Tate the infamous 'The Beast'??? Also they have killed of the best cartel characters

Rai that was the same main plot in the original, but even sillier as I mentioned, where one normal looking person changes into another normal looking person using the fantasy plastic surgey technique of 80s US soaps (ironically, in real life they'd look more like the monstrosities returning to guest in a current revival).

I'm still enjoying this and resisting the urge to shout Penny Can at Bobby Cobb.

Last edited:
I think I'd have preferred it if they had
made the reveal about the killers identity
last until the last two episodes as it kind of feels drawn out now a bit unless they have an ace up their sleeves for a plot twist but I somehow doubt it.

Episode 11: Take the Ride, Pay the Toll

Dramatic episode, it just got away with it ie
Tate's
elaborate plan, enjoyed it

Ray's tunnel visit was interesting, but if the
crime authorities find the body they will know that the gun that Charlotte used was not here, so making it look like they shot each other was flawed

Felt for Ruiz losing his son, surprised no sign of his family to comfort him

Last edited:
Kinda wishing that was the end of the season. I don't know where it is going to go for the last two episodes apart from to set up for season two.... talking of which I noticed the Swedish/danish one is getting a season 2 starting this weekend.... woot!!

Regarding the above spoiler it has already been established that the Mexican side of the border is pretty much the wild west with no real investigation being done.

Kinda wishing that was the end of the season. I don't know where it is going to go for the last two episodes apart from to set up for season two....

I agree with you there though I think it could have been sorted earlier. I'd imagine now that they'll be as you say setting up season 2. I hope though it doesn't settle into just bring another procedural.

All caught up now and that was a great episode, where does it go now though ??

Will be interesting to see what they do with the last 2 episodes.
Has it been confirmed for a 2nd series ?

Episode 12: All About Eva

Good episode, some scenes were nicely shot, the last few episodes have had the theatre antics
of David Tate
, so preferred the pace and characters in this episode. Cross seems to have opened up.

I'm halfway through the first episode and Diane kruger to be extremely annoying. Totally wrong for the role, I honestly don't know if I will be able to stick it out.

Episode 13: The Crazy Place (Finalé)

Good episode, stories set up for season 2. There were a few stumbles in season 1, and a few characters we still don't know a lot about, but mostly it has been very good, look forward to next year.

I really like Sonia and Marco and their whole relationship, good that there's going to be a second series. I thought
Lyle Lovett was pretty good as the dodgy laywer

Yeah it has been better than I expected. I do think they dragged it out too thin over the last two episodes though.

Excellent first season with threads from the start expanding next season and not fizzling out like with the ludicrous but pretty Top Of The Lake (also starring Steven Linder aka actor Tom Wright as Johnno)

Excellent first season with threads from the start expanding next season and not fizzling out like with the ludicrous but pretty Top Of The Lake (also starring Steven Linder aka actor Tom Wright as Johnno)

Tom Wright was amazing in this, fave character... best accent ever...

when he shoved the body out of his window and said in his hilarious voice.... "oops" I cracked up

The Scandinavian version of him was just cold and annoyingly boringly mysterious iirc and for no reason at all was just out of the shower with his nob out in one scene as if to underline it was a serious arty adult drama ... but then goes Mission Impossible

I thought he said "Oooh noo" in his brilliant voice when that thing dropped, but I could be misremembering as what you quoted rings a bell regarding that hilarious scene.

Last edited:
The Scandinavian version of him was just cold and annoyingly boringly mysterious iirc and for no reason at all was just out of the shower with his nob out in one scene as if to underline it was a serious arty adult drama ... but then goes Mission Impossible

I thought he said "Oooh noo" in his brilliant voice when that thing dropped, but I could be misremembering as what you quoted rings a bell regarding that hilarious scene.

You know you could be totally right... It was a while ago now. Whichever it is, it was super funny and a needed lift in the mood...

:thumbup:

Just finished it off. Really enjoyed it.
Looking forward to Season 2.

Now to crack on with Hell On Wheels

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom