The Bridge (US) FX

Episode 2: Calaca

Good episode.

Diane Kruger's character is a dirty stop-out.

Last edited:
rai .. did you not watch the original?
(I understand that a balloonist's recommendation/disapproval often has the opposite effect :))

no i never got round to watching the original version

Never got round to watching original too. I think it's fantastic tho. Nice pace.

I'm so far liking the direction .. the US/Mexico border issues seem a bigger part of the drama here than the uninteresting Sweden/Denmark border issues were in the original (if at all)

Last edited:
I like the Mexican lead he needs to be in more stuff as I think he's doing a great job. Not so sure about Lillard though I can't let go of scooby doo.

Episode 3: Rio

What was Ruiz thinking, and at this moment out of character, my estimation went down of him.

The ending with Charlotte
no horse head in her bed, but her horse Rio strung up dead, will this make her leave, i doubt it, but she has messed with the wrong women, The Godmother.

As for detective Cross she acts like she's not human at times, the sex line in the station was silly.

Episode 3: Rio

What was Ruiz thinking, and at this moment out of character, my estimation went down of him.

Snap, I saw him as a good man trying to do his best given the circumstances he lives in so his actions there didn't seem to back that character up.

I'm getting quite into this
poor old cousin johnny though, really should have tried to keep his head
still not buying what Ruiz got up to last week as it just doesn't sit right.

- Season 2 will explore more than one crime

Episode 4: Maria of the Desert

This was a good episode, liking all the threads, new characters and threats :D

What was the message/image on the phone in the bar i wonder, but we will probably never know.

Episode 5: The Beast

Very good episode

Pretty good series so far. Really wondered what all that was about with
the shoplifter until the reveal at the end

I really would not miss Diane Kruger's character if she was not in it.

The ironing in your underpants scene was good. I was not expecting
that character to meet his end so quick, begs the question is he just stunned? (not dead), even being thrown out a window and landing on a bonnet :D

that character to meet his end so quick, begs the question is he just stunned? (not dead), even being thrown out a window and landing on a bonnet :D

i'm pretty sure
He won't be recovering from that and I know what you mean abut Kruger given her seemingly ASD behaviour "because it tastes bad"

Episode 6: ID

Good episode we had little back story on detective Cross, might explains her strange ways.

Going to the toilet can be dangerous. The story got quite emotional,
it was a bit odd how the killer was straight onto the girl when she escaped the cafe, he must be fast.

We also found out some back story to Ruiz’s family.

I hate in TV/films when people walk and not see something into the distance until they get right near it, like in this episode with the telegraph post

Last edited:
Episode 7: Destino

Did that really happen in the car at the start :eek: :p :D

That was a pretty gory moment when Deputy Stokes had his face blown off, and it was another handy he got killed just before he had something important to say about his daydream, and it was obvious no one was going to get shot, as the killer kept missing easy targets.

Good episode overall

It is funny, after my initial reservations about this (being a fan of the original) I am really enjoying it.

Would you say the plot is different enough to the original to make it worth watching ?

Actually yes, the first episode I wasn't so sure but as the story goes on there is enough differences to keep your interest, plus the added tension of the Mexican and USA border really helps.

The actress in the Danish original was so much better and so much more believable. Only managed one episode of this because of the central miscasting of Kruger.

The actress in the Danish original was so much better and so much more believable. Only managed one episode of this because of the central miscasting of Kruger.

There is a reason behind her oddity as touched upon in a further episode, which may part explain her behavior at times, but im still not completely convinced, yet.

Last edited:
There is a reason behind her oddity as touched upon in a further episode, which may part explain her behavior at times, but im still not completely convinced, yet.

It's never actually mentioned in either version but it's fairly clear that she is supposed to have Aspergers. Kruger simply isn't enough of an actress to make that convincing.

Have to disagree about Kruger not being convincing, the original actress was not that believable and the chemistry with her partner was more comedic imho, which kind of ties in with its ridiculous conclusion with the Mission Impossible baddie

I much prefer this, seems more gritty, serious and emotional than the original.
Episode 7: Destino

Did that really happen in the car at the start :eek: :p :D
Jason Stackhouse had a better deal

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom