The Bride of Frankenstein - Universal Essential Monster Collection Blu-ray Review

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
“To a new world … of gods and monsters!”

We have already established that James Whale’s 1931 classic Frankenstein was the film that really kickstarted the Horror Genre and gave it a look, a feel and a mood that was distinctly and uniquely unto itself.

He would go on to refine its mechanics further, and more indelibly.

With Whale’s own 1935 sequel, The Bride of Frankenstein, we had the beginning of not just what has now become the relentless cycle of the horror sequel, but of the horror superstar ethos. The Monster was now the main attraction. He may have been the draw of the first film, as any self-respecting “monster” would be, but he was also much more than just the lurking menace of the drama – he became the film. Not just because of the carnage he could cause, but because his story was what audiences clamoured to see....

Read the full review...

bawheid

Fantastic news about this set Chris, keep up the good work. The James Whale work in this set make it worthwhile alone (I'm looking forward to your thoughts on The Invisible Man - I love that movie).

That's my Christmas present sorted - wife can see me getting excited just reading the review so she and my daughter are splitting the cost of the coffin box edition, yaay!

Chris McEneany

Fantastic news about this set Chris, keep up the good work. The James Whale work in this set make it worthwhile alone (I'm looking forward to your thoughts on The Invisible Man - I love that movie).

That's my Christmas present sorted - wife can see me getting excited just reading the review so she and my daughter are splitting the cost of the coffin box edition, yaay!

Good stuff - it's an awesome set. More of a Halloween present, I would say ;)

Yep, I'll be covering all the others soon. My thoughts on The Invisible Man are pretty transparent, though. :rolleyes: I'll get me coat!

Cheers mate

Chris McEneany :devil:

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom