The Boys Season 3 (Amazon) Premiere TV Show Review & Comments

bootyman81

Distinguished Member
So…is the boys now the most relevant & skewering show on TV it’s really creeping up into the pantheon of one my favourite shows ever, the way it’s so up-to date with modern politics & social media culture & all that malarkey, it also feels like it’s taking about the superhero burnout (kinda watchmen style) by totally subverting it while revelling in it at the same time.
I love all the marvel stuff etc but I also REALLY love this. Can’t wait for more

Indiana Jones

How come Butcher's brain didn't pour out of his head at the end? He took way more V than Hughie. While Soldier Boy was a great adversary next time can they please have some supervillains that can come in and take over. Now Vought has practically no heroes they would be left wide open for attack.
I don’t think
their brain was every going to literally turn to soup and pour out their head but it’s done so much damage he now only has 12-18 months left to live.

That smile from Ryan at the end and the reaction of the crowd, oh god next season it’s really going to get messed up.

Dellboy

Fabulous entertainment.
I like that Amazon has given the creators total free reign with the story.

I hope on the back of this and the much under rated Banshee that we will get to see more of Anthony Starr.

lucasisking

Distinguished Member
Just watched the last episode not realising it was the finale :facepalm:. Damn.
So bloody good. Excellent characters, gross violence and really compelling to watch. Hell I even found myself sympathising with Homelander. This is the fantasy show to beat right now. Love it.

Not saying the Marvel shows can or should be anything like this, but they really need to find a way to make their shows even half this enjoyable.

Toasty

Distinguished Member
MCU has got a bit complacent and under Disney, not likely to take any of the risks The Boys does..

DC with Peacemaker has this kind of vibe and was a most enjoyable watch too..

richp007

Distinguished Member
So…is the boys now the most relevant & skewering show on TV it’s really creeping up into the pantheon of one my favourite shows ever, the way it’s so up-to date with modern politics & social media culture & all that malarkey, it also feels like it’s taking about the superhero burnout (kinda watchmen style) by totally subverting it while revelling in it at the same time.
I love all the marvel stuff etc but I also REALLY love this. Can’t wait for more

Oh they have absolutely nailed the social commentary on this show. Veers from subtle to right in your face, but never misses the mark when it hits.

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Reeled off Ep 4-7 back to back just now.

Gotta call it a night as I was wavering and wanna be fully alter for the finale.

Whoever makes this **** up has one vivid imagination!

And it’s head and shoulders above any other superhero stuff out there right now.

Frickin awesome.

Hokusai Wave

It's a great show...however I thought the finale was a bit of an anticlimax compared to previous episodes this season. And personally hate the way they have treated one of the characters.

Storvay

Distinguished Member
It's a great show...however I thought the finale was a bit of an anticlimax compared to previous episodes this season. And personally hate the way they have treated one of the characters.
I did feel the first half was a little slow in pace given that it was the last episode. Picked up after that and was a tremendously satisfying conclusion to a superb series.

Which character are you annoyed about? Spoiler it and tell us why.

Hokusai Wave

Black Noir, thought there should have been more to come from him, over the course of 3 seasons we really didn't get much

Absolutely loved this season, my favourite so far. The stakes have been higher, the jaw-on-the-floor moments more shocking, and every episode has had at least one moment to make me really belly laugh.

I think my favourite throw away line was Frenchie having "Vincent Cassel" as his safe word 🤣

Like others have said, four or five seasons sounds about right, and Kripke has form for bowing out at that point (I guess working with Jensen Ackles in Supernatural is why they thought of him for Soldier Boy).

The series is significantly different to the comics, but I'm quite enjoying that I don't know exactly where these plot lines are going! There's still plenty of source material to be mined. It'll be a long wait for s4.

domtheone

Distinguished Member
I’d be happy wth one more season.

The standard is so ridiculously high, i’d not want it to go off the boil.

Great S3 though. Guessing a year for S4…

jdevil

Distinguished Member
Just saw the first 3 episodes of Season 3, it has some good bits but very underwhelming compared to Season 2. To me it just lacks the intensity and anxious feel season 2 had, you were really on the edge. Really hope Ep 4-8 kicks up a notch...

IL Cattivo

Distinguished Member
Just saw the first 3 episodes of Season 3, it has some good bits but very underwhelming compared to Season 2. To me it just lacks the intensity and anxious feel season 2 had, you were really on the edge. Really hope Ep 4-8 kicks up a notch...
Fear not... it does.. :D

IL Cattivo

Distinguished Member
I liked this so much.. actually watched S1 E1 again last night!! :laugh:

mr starface

This series is awesome and the best thing on TV, gutted it has so few episodes.

Soldier Boy was an excellent addition and was hoping would be a regular for next season, be such a waste if not used again

jdevil

Distinguished Member
Finished off season 3, didn't like it as much as season 2 and as plot line goes it was fairly predictable as each episodes went by. There was a few cool moments individually but as a whole this season didn't do it for me and it really tried to provide a lot of shock and awe without any purpose. The Head-Popper was a promising character but underused and falls flat by the end of the season. We get more lame predictable drama between hughie and Annie, interesting characters killed off without any development. The frenchie subplot was nice but really a filler as they didn't know what to do with those two all season. Deep interesting but on the other hand A-train had a boring development and so on.

Sometimes less is better, thought Peacemaker knocked it out of the park!

IL Cattivo

Distinguished Member
Just came downstairs heading to the kitchen to grab a cool one knowing my kids were in the lounge watching TV, when I could hear a very distinctive and familiar British cockney accent emanating from the sound system.. That's Butcher's voice... 😲

Alarm bells are immediately ringing and a cold sweat hits me faster than Homelanders eye beams.
The horror that my 6 & 10-year-olds are sat there watching 'The Boys' would surely scar them for life. So I dash in there shouting what on earth are you guys watching.... To find to my surprise all they've got on is this >

Starring none other than Karl Urban putting on an English cockney accent. :laugh:

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
Just came downstairs heading to the kitchen to grab a cool one knowing my kids were in the lounge watching TV, when I could hear a very distinctive and familiar British cockney accent emanating from the sound system.. That's Butcher's voice... 😲

Alarm bells are immediately ringing and a cold sweat hits me faster than Homelanders eye beams.
The horror that my 6 & 10-year-olds are sat there watching 'The Boys' would surely scar them for life. So I dash in there shouting what on earth are you guys watching.... To find to my surprise all they've got on is this >

Starring none other than Karl Urban putting on an English cockney accent. :laugh:
"oi, you watery c***"

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member

This post had more drama in a couple of paragraphs than a lot tv shows!

I've seen a few comments elsewhere saying they weren't as involved in this season but I absolutely loved it - repeat viewing needed!

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
I actually found this season an "easier" watch than the first 2. Just in the sense that it felt like there was a lot less going on in the various plots so it was much easier to follow as a weekly drip feed. I've enjoyed all of them, the latest just wasn't as much of a workout for my brain/memory

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
FB_IMG_1658527086253.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Disney+ confirms price increases coming in December
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung unveils Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Fold 4 smartphones
  • By Ian Collen