The Boys Season 2 (Amazon) TV Show Review & Comments

Ridiculous and bizarre from Amazon to choose to drop 3 and then do the other 5 weekly. Why not 4 and 4, or double bill and then 6? Especially when the first season dropped complete as well.
Throughout the first two episodes, the show seems to spin its wheels more than a little whenever the group of superhero killers are on screen. Only with the third episode does it feel confident enough to start to change the status quo.

@Tom Davies I think you hit the nail on the head, though maybe unintentionally; my Wife just pointed out that the first two seemed to be setting up for the rest. We haven't watched the third, but if it is like you said, it needed the first three all together to properly set the stage, like those twice as long season opener episodes that some weekly series do, or at least used to.
So maybe that is the reason for the weird three episode release.

Seen the first 3 now, clearly a build up and looking good !

Amazon is awful for finding 4k content easily. My old Samsung MU6400 doesn't help by not showing the info as well. It does show bitrate for Netflix though.

Amazon is awful for finding 4k content easily. My old Samsung MU6400 doesn't help by not showing the info as well. It does show bitrate for Netflix though.
If it reads UHD in the heading doesn't it automatically play in UHD ?

I always use the Web interface to search for things, save anything I fancy to the watchlist, and then it is there on tha App ready to look at

I don’t mind the weekly release, it gives me something to look forward to after work on Fridays for a bit.
i think they’re doing it to create water-cooler Television, something thats missed from binge Type shows, get people talking about it for longer & to build more of an audience. Just my thoughts

Some good points in the review, especially about the testing of limits in season 1. I'm sure many of us where wondering how they could top that ? I think they've decided not to try, and instead just expand the universe a little. So what Tom thinks of as "spinning wheels", I see it more like "world building". But then again, maybe I am more tolerant of wheel spinning in shows I like.:)

I don’t mind the weekly release, it gives me something to look forward to after work on Fridays for a bit.
The Mandalorian has a lot to answer for.

Star Trek Discovery is weekly release as well

Star Trek Discovery is weekly release as well
I like Disco but it was the Mandalorian which showed the benefit of extending user subscriptions over the lifetime of a series. Apparently the CBS All Access streaming service did get a bump, but Disney+ subscriptions got a lot more out of it. To the point where once the series was over, the number of Disney+ subs measurably decreased. There are a number of reasons why it was so successful, the first decent Star Wars in a while yada yada. But the number one reason was of course Baby Yoda.

We just watched Ep 3 & yes, this is where it all kicks off. So my Wife was correct, bizarre, but these 3 are the seasoner opener episode in effect.

Apple have done the same 3 episode thing as well. Must be some focus grouped cynical sweet spot for engagement.

About Karl Urban's Accent...

Forget the Comics, we don't know Billy Butcher's real origins, but I'll tell you a little story that might explain.

Back in the Day, working for Bands as the Sound Engineer, or as Head of the Sound Department, On Tour I regularly did shows in Glasgow Barrowlands. This place holds several thousand people but is also up several flights of stairs. With two to three truck productions this involved a very solid local crew to get it in, & get it out. Nearly all of the Guys were huge Glaswegians, & understanding them was tough. But early on, a Guy from Canada joined them. At first, his accent was pure Canadian, & of course the other guys would have some fun. But every time I went there over the years, his accent changed, until last time I was there he was speaking nearly exactly the same as the "Locals".

So, not knowing Butchers' real background, whatever it is, the exact is spot-on for me!

Yeah, they've lost the plot with this one for sure.
Before I watched I was guessing that it would be like a 3 episode mini-arc but no. Not really. I genuinely can't fathom the thinking behind it.
Is it more to do with them may be not having much content coming up and need to spread it out?

Is it more to do with them may be not having much content coming up and need to spread it out?
Disagree. Amazon specific output has always been limited. But generally higher quality than rhe churn out bunch. And you get free shipping, Twitch Prime... Have a look at the 97c movies right now - 1917 in UHD is one of them on Amazon.de right now. You might hate Bezos but it is not the worst deal.

I have missed Billy Butcher :)

Daddy's Home

I like the show I have to say but only 8 episodes is a bit disappointing

Watching via the inbuilt app on my dx902 and it doesn't show the subtitles when kimiko and her brother are talking, does anyone else have this issue?

Watching via the inbuilt app on my dx902 and it doesn't show the subtitles when kimiko and her brother are talking, does anyone else have this issue?
Mega frustrating!

On ATV I am getting Subtitles

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom