1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the boys from brazil

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by encaser, Apr 27, 2002.

1. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Catch the excellant "the boys from brazil" on C4 tonight 1.10am
    If you never feared dogs, this'll make you whine - ho ho

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,354
    SPOILER about that scene:
    I saw Gregory Peck doing a interview on the film and he was asked about the dogs, he said they was just like big pussy cats, they had placed pieces of meat on his clothing to get the effect and wasn’t frightened for a moment. What’s more if the dogs were that dangerous the would not have had them within a mile of him. The dogs are actors as well.

I laughed when Gregory has a go at the ugly woman.

3. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Garrett, you forgot to say, "Don't have nightmares";)

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,354
    About the dogs no :cool: , by the way when the dogs were baring their teeth they where wired up.
    The trouble with films like this (and I have to admit I enjoy it, thanks for the post I didn’t know it was on and why can’t the show films at a reasonable time instead of the other rubbish ) people tend to see how a breed of dog, or dogs in general, and say that was a vicious so every other is vicious, even though they are acting just as much as the actors, yet they never say oh there was a evil human in the film so all humans are evil.

5. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    True enough, people often have to find blame away from the real source and create moral panics that cite the instrument or devil instead of human choice. As for the poor timeslot, I've noted for some time that C4 put on some decent films very late on saturday night/sunday morning and so make the effort to check what's about.
    Did you, anyone, catch Bored Olives in the week on C4? Another (hidden) enjoyable Australian film shown rediculously late. It is shamefully true that perceived mainstream appeal - dross - shakes off that which viewers may enjoy and actually have something to think and share thoughts about with others. Vigilance being its own reward - knew I should've taken that Parish Council Post!