Star Wars - The Book of Boba Fett (Disney+)

I will jump in after 5, so if it turns out terrible I can at least binge it and get it out the way.

Yeah, I just thought the episode was a bit short and was a bit non-plussed by the Vespas but it came across as more of a comedy slap stick scene then any sort of homage to previous speeder chases, particularly given the improv credentials of the actor being chased.

There is only 3 to go and its Star Wars so, like you, I am not giving up on it. The final 3 might be amazing 🤞

I’m pretty confident they’ll be good. Just hope it’s not left on some big cliff hanger though! Can’t be doing with that with no next season in sight.

And all the criticism of this new Boba Fett - I can see why he would’ve changed after his near death experience with the sarlaac and his loss after becoming a member of the tribe. We still see flashes of his past character but he’s said himself he’s no longer a bounty hunter. Maybe it’ll be like the reverse of the Michael Corleone story arc, where he’s pushed out rather than pulled in.

The reality is that in the films we got very little screen time for Fett so his legend grew through other material, much of which I guess is no longer canon. There was also a huge amount of fan adulation so expectations may have been too high for some.

Chapter 4

Highly enjoyable episode

You’re starting to push my buttons would had been better 🤣

Krrsantan ftw 😱
maybe a new recruit soon

That's better.

Slave 1 vs Swoop gang, oh my.

Sarlacc ought to have been obliterated by that blast, but still a cool scene.

Fennic Shand remains the badass of the show.

Nice to see Krrsantan get a bit of badassery himself. Trandoshans look a bit weird to me and not threatening. You might even say 'armless.

Story still treading water a bit.

Mando coming to help?

Thought that was great. Further explanation that Fett is leaving his past behind and why. Really enjoyable stuff for me. Sorry if others don’t like it, but I’m loving it - I’ll be giving that episode another couple of watches today.

Much better than last week with even the teen gang redeemed a little by that flashback.

A continuing niggle is that the flashbacks (which seem to be done with), AKA Boba Fett in his own personal Metroid-like game, are better than the current stuff. Plus he seems like more of a badass in them. Am still hoping his patience wears out in the next couple of episodes.

Still, very much enjoyable and a huge improvement on the chase scene from last week.

yep....

same for me on this week - great episode....

Fenic Shand's eyes as the door on slave 1 closes right as she releases the hangar door - superb...

the long swoop in as he completely wipes out the speeder gang... absolute impending doom in 1 shot there - left a really serious grin on my face!

Krasantan.... definitely gotta be joining the team... was good to finally catch a wookie doing what wookies do when angry....

end of his flashbacks maybe? "you are now fully healed sir" as he gets out the tank this week....

i'll take mando and maybe a couple of others come swarming in for some ass kickery next week please sir....

overall.... has me counting down the days until next Wednesday...

It's kind of paradoxical isn't it. We don't need anymore flashbacks, yet as Gav says, they've been easily the most enjoyable parts of the show so far. Perhaps now that energy can be used for forward momentum. A full scale war with the Pykes will be great.

Thought that was great. Further explanation that Fett is leaving his past behind and why. Really enjoyable stuff for me. Sorry if others don’t like it, but I’m loving it - I’ll be giving that episode another couple of watches today.

I think a fair few people will be back after this episode. A lot of the "Im done with the show" stuff is usually hot air, once word spreads we're back with a stronger episode they'll tune in like the rest of us.

For me, the show has been a mixed bag. First episode was kind of weak after the initial Sarlacc escape, but the second episode I loved. The third episode seemed to tip the balance again, unfavourably, with ep 2 being the only good one. Now its 2-2. Could be that's the ratio of success going forward, but never tell me the odds.

Good first impression when I watched this morning but want to watch again later as it was quite a busy episode.

Just finished and thought it was much better than last weeks, much preferred the way the flashback played this week too with no back and forth just giving us the flashback at the beginning and present day for the remainder.

Sure some might be wondering
what the wookies beef was with them but it has to do with members of their species capturing him and forcing him to fight in the arena, at least that is how it went down in the comics.

With that ending and the accompanying music next week
surely has to be the return of everyone favourite beskar wearing bounty hunter minus his side kick :)

Much more enjoyable than ep3. Some very good scenes and I’m really looking forward to next week.

C2FD8BAC-F1C4-432B-9153-E867862CC1B3.jpeg

i said i was signing off but after finishing the expanse i watched episode 4.

the sarlac pit scene, why?
"he escaped the pit (wearing his armor) why did he think it was in the sarlac?

Maybe he thought the Sand People chucked it back in because he wasn't wearing it when he woke up?

ep.4

i think its fair to say the events are fuzzy as hell for him given that he wasnt in the best state and it was a few years ago now...

A couple of interesting comments in the episode which may come to nothing but caught my attention.

Boba calls Bib Fortuna “a bloated pig who double-crossed me.” Not sure what double cross he is referring to.

Fennec doesn’t quite believe the biker gang could wipe out the Tribe - could she be right? Even if she was right they still deserved what they got and was a cool scene anyway

As much as I liked the scene I do agree to an extent. It seemed a bit silly to
rappel inside a place he fought so hard to escape (and was presumably traumatised by), when the armour was unlikely to be there. Also couldn't he scan for the armour with his ship? The main problem is the scene is redundant, as the audience already know its not in there, which is rather bad writing.

Nonetheless, I was hoping Boba would return to nuke the beast from orbit so to speak, so that was great even if it was done in a slightly bungled way.
I'd have ended the scene there.

What I did like about the scene was the beak suddenly exploding outward- surely a tip of the hat to Alien.

As much as I liked the scene I do agree to an extent. It seemed a bit silly to
rappel inside a place he fought so hard to escape (and was presumably traumatised by), when the armour was unlikely to be there. Also couldn't he scan for the armour with his ship? The main problem is the scene is redundant, as the audience already know its not in there, which is rather bad writing.

Nonetheless, I was hoping Boba would return to nuke the beast from orbit so to speak, so that was great even if it was done in a slightly bungled way.
I'd have ended the scene there.

What I did like about the scene was the beak suddenly exploding outward- surely a tip of the hat to Alien.
What it does do is set up the need for the bacta tank though - and therefore the flashbacks.

Personally, I liked the scene, even if the reason for it is admittedly a little contrived. I did think it was executed quite well. Plus, I do love any excuse for a seismic charge.

Also - surprised no mention of the name "Slave I" - particularly if they're aiming to leave that name behind. It would have been an ideal time for him explain his reasons for retiring it.

A couple of interesting comments in the episode which may come to nothing but caught my attention.

Boba calls Bib Fortuna “a bloated pig who double-crossed me.” Not sure what double cross he is referring to.

Fennec doesn’t quite believe the biker gang could wipe out the Tribe - could she be right? Even if she was right they still deserved what they got and was a cool scene anyway
As soon as
the Pyke spokeman said that they wouldn't pay protection money to both and he returned to a massacre I thought it was obvious it was actually the Pykes that killed the Tuskens to provoke Boba to wipe out the bikers, that way they wouldn't have to pay protection to anyone.

What it does do is set up the need for the bacta tank though - and therefore the flashbacks.
Very true.
Personally, I liked the scene, even if the reason for it is admittedly a little contrived. I did think it was executed quite well. Plus, I do love any excuse for a seismic charge.
Same, but I think it must have had a smaller yield than the ones we've seen before.
The charges in AOTC shredded asteroids. The entire pit, sarlacc, and sail barge wreck should have been obliterated. Then again, it would have taken the ship with it.
Also - surprised no mention of the name "Slave I" - particularly if they're aiming to leave that name behind. It would have been an ideal time for him explain his reasons for retiring it.
I'm actually not surprised. Even IGN's commentary refrains from naming the ship. Its daft. It would be like Han Solo referring to his ship as "my modified stock light freighter" rather than calling it the Millenium Falcon.

Very true.

Same, but I think it must have had a smaller yield than the ones we've seen before.
The charges in AOTC shredded asteroids. The entire pit, sarlacc, and sail barge wreck should have been obliterated. Then again, it would have taken the ship with it.
Pedant mode time (can't stop myself)... apart from the small initial explosion, the seismic charge always expands only on one axis - and in this, it's all horizontal under the sand - so you don't see how far out it goes. That's why the barge starts sinking.

Pedant mode time (can't stop myself)... apart from the small initial explosion, the seismic charge always expands only on one axis - and in this, it's all horizontal under the sand - so you don't see how far out it goes. That's why the barge starts sinking.

I'll take that :)

i do love these discussions.... BRING the pedantry i say :D

im even starting to like the cool way he says "i am boh-ba fett"

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom