The Book of Boba Fett (Disney+) Season 1 TV Show Review & Comments

The biker chase seemed a bit superfluous, but I love the little fun details they scatter throughout the show, in this case the "mod" aspect with all the unnecessary mirrors.
They don't add anything in the grand scheme of things, but they do put a little smile on my face.

I just watched it again to be certain, one of the bikers (when speaking to Boba, the one with the eye attachment) had a cockney accent and referred to him as “mate”. Oh dear. Apart from that and as other mentioned, the bikes, was an ok episode.

I just watched it again to be certain, one of the bikers (when speaking to Boba, the one with the eye attachment) had a cockney accent and referred to him as “mate”. Oh dear. Apart from that and as other mentioned, the bikes, was an ok episode.
You can't be a proper space mod without sounding like Phil Daniels, you know.

I've realised why they had to steal the water. It's 'cos they have to wash their space scooters so much. They were impeccably clean.

FB_IMG_1642435029689.jpg

Really liked today's episode

The backstory of when Boba finds Fennic after her encounter with Mando and how he gets his ship back was great. That musical clue of things to come at the end :clap:

Episode 4 was decent..
2 been the highlight so far.

More of the wookie please, serious anger management needed there...😂😂😂

"Looks like you could use a job"

Better than episode 3, just. Visually surprisingly weak too, televisual and low budget. And that day for night shooting looked just awful, the grading was so bad it looked like the characters weren't even in the same world as the environment. Where is all the Disney money? Certainly not on screen in Boba Fett.

Maybe The Mandalorian was a fluke, Rogue One style. Perhaps expectations should be more in line with Solo or The Last Jedi, albeit with a fraction of the budget.

Better than episode 3, just. Visually surprisingly weak too, televisual and low budget. And that day for night shooting looked just awful, the grading was so bad it looked like the characters weren't even in the same world as the environment. Where is all the Disney money? Certainly not on screen in Boba Fett.

Maybe The Mandalorian was a fluke, Rogue One style. Perhaps expectations should be more in line with Solo or The Last Jedi, albeit with a fraction of the budget.
Picture looked good on my xg9505

I enjoyed that episode.

It's funny how you can accept things that are fantastical and then they show something that is logically similar and it just seems wrong and makes you reconsider everything. There was a couple of moments like that this week.

I can accept robot arms and bionic eyes but
robot guts
is just a step to far in my mind.

The Millenium Falcon lifting off, spinning on its axis and then blasting away from Mos Eisley seems fine but
Slave 1 (sorry, Firespray gunship) hovering over the sarlac pit, face down, and then reversing just seemed wrong.

By the way, do we have any idea how long he was in the sarlac for?

I enjoyed that episode.

It's funny how you can accept things that are fantastical and then they show something that is logically similar and it just seems wrong and makes you reconsider everything. There was a couple of moments like that this week.

robot guts

The Millenium Falcon lifting off, spinning on its axis and then blasting away from Mos Eisley seems fine but
Slave 1 (sorry, Firespray gunship) hovering over the sarlac pit, face down, and then reversing just seemed wrong.

I've been wondering about how long he was in the Sarlacc too...Mando starts around 5 years post Return of the Jedi, episode 5 of Mando is when Boba finds Fennic. Perhaps he wasn't in there that long but was with the Sand People longer than it felt in the flashbacks?

Agree in both spoiler points!

I've been wondering about how long he was in the Sarlacc too...Mando starts around 5 years post Return of the Jedi, episode 5 of Mando is when Boba finds Fennic. Perhaps he wasn't in there that long but was with the Sand People longer than it felt in the flashbacks?

Agree in both spoiler points!
I took it as flashbacks were specific important events he remembers and not all the time he was with sandpeople.
Likewise most flashbacks.

I took it as flashbacks were specific important events he remembers and not all the time he was with sandpeople.
Likewise most flashbacks.
Yeah, but there's only a few things he was up to that we can place.

Time in the sarlac,
Time in the wandering the desert in his white jumpsuit.
Time with the sandpeople.
Time with the Bantha.

So, did he spend the majority of those 5 years with the sandpeople? I assume he did. But this weeks episode got me wondering if he was in the sarlac for longer than I thought.

I enjoyed that episode.

robot guts

Did that bit not bother you in Mando when she showed him how she had survived?

Yeah, but there's only a few things he was up to that we can place.

Time in the sarlac,
Time in the wandering the desert in his white jumpsuit.
Time with the sandpeople.
Time with the Bantha.

So, did he spend the majority of those 5 years with the sandpeople? I assume he did. But this weeks episode got me wondering if he was in the sarlac for longer than I thought.
I don't think he was in the Sarlac for that long as when he awoke his air supply was just about empty so perhaps 12-24 hours would be my guess (would have given time for the wreckage to stop burning too)

I assumed he spent years with the Tuskens learning their ways and becoming part of the tribe and then maybe a year post their deaths wandering the desert until he found Fennic.

Did that bit not bother you in Mando when she showed him how she had survived?

I don't think he was in the Sarlac for that long as when he awoke his air supply was just about empty so perhaps 12-24 hours would be my guess (would have given time for the wreckage to stop burning too)

I assumed he spent years with the Tuskens learning their ways and becoming part of the tribe and then maybe a year post their deaths wandering the desert until he found Fennic.

To be honest, it did a bit, although I accepted it. But this week, seeing them being fitted took me right out of it. Which goes back to my original point about building on what we've already seen making me think "Hang on..."

It reminds me of the robocop reboot where he had a robotic arm but his real hand o_O

Your timings do make sense. I'll go with that.

Probably the movement of it, but the rat catcher made me think of Wallace & Gromit for some reason 🙂. Enjoyed the episode overall though.

Still not grabbing me in the way The Mandalorian did. Everything that has happened so far (the whole flashback story and a bit of walking around in the present on Tatooine) could have been condensed down into a single episode without losing much.

Each episode has a fun moment or two (the LEP droid in episode 4, taming the Rancor in episode 3), but the overall story and feel of the show is so pedestrian. Needs bigger scale, more stakes - there doesn't feel like much of a threat to anyone. Boba is a bit boring too!

Only 3 episodes left, luckily multiple cast members have said these final episodes are the best and there are apparently a few big surprises for SW fans.

Looking forward to The Mandalorian S3 later in the year though to be honest.

Rumours are there is a massive payoff in the last episode, flipping well better be.

They basically destroyed the only good bits of the first 2 episodes in ep 3 and I can't see any reason for doing it.
Yeah, rumour is that Han, Luke and Leia show up in the cockpit of the Millenium Falcon. More than likely just wishful thinking. But after the having Luke show up at the end of the Mandalorian and it being rather well recieved maybe they think they need to top that by having them all back. I think they know they messed up not having all three of them together in the sequel trilogly and they might try to shoehorn something like that in to please fans.

Last edited:
Yeah, rumour is that Han, Luke and Leia show up in the cockpit of the Millenium Falcon. More than likely just wishful thinking. But after the having Luke show up at the end of the Mandalorian and it being rather well recieved maybe they think they need to top that by having them all back. I think they know they messed up not having all three of them together in the sequel trilogly and they might try to shoehorn something like that in to please fans.

Harrison Ford has reportedly been doing some filming. Based on timeline its feasible that he could appear without too much CGI.

Hope not! That seems a step too far! I'm a huge SW fan who grew up on the original trilogy, still own the OG toys, the VHS boxsets, comics etc and I don't want to see this! The end of Season 2 of Mando was done well, heck I had tears in my eyes..but this I can't see being a good idea!

There is lots of things they could do but I would say they probably won't go overboard. Just one cameo should be fine.

Hope not! That seems a step too far! I'm a huge SW fan who grew up on the original trilogy, still own the OG toys, the VHS boxsets, comics etc and I don't want to see this! The end of Season 2 of Mando was done well, heck I had tears in my eyes..but this I can't see being a good idea!
It's Just a rumour and 'tinternet is filled with 'em. I'd personally love to see it. I've been rather disapointed with Star Wars under the tenure of Disney so I'm taking what enjoyment I can where I find it.

Last edited:
the rat catcher caught me by surprise actually (no pun intended).... does this mean rats are the first Earth creature to make the star wars universe? I know there are people so to speak but outside of that....

There are snakes in The Empire Strikes Back. Quite a few are seen on Dagobah. Especially the Luke/Vader Dark Side Cave scene.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom