• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Blue Room

shotokan101

Banned
Nicely captured - do you have any other viewpoints of the stained glass and how did you expose the shots ?

Jim

tcr4x4

I have a couple similar to these, but not specifically of the stained glass. Its literally a tiny little room. These shots I was pressed up into the corner as far as I could with the camera on a tripod. I had to use live view and pretty much look over the top of the camera to frame up then I stepped out of the way with the camera on a timer.

Two of them are 3 shot HDR's, one is a single frame exposure. I'll leave you to guess which is which! Exposed for the room rather than the windows and then used Lightrooms recovery slider to bring them down a touch.

shotokan101

Banned
I have a couple similar to these, but not specifically of the stained glass. Its literally a tiny little room. These shots I was pressed up into the corner as far as I could with the camera on a tripod. I had to use live view and pretty much look over the top of the camera to frame up then I stepped out of the way with the camera on a timer.

Two of them are 3 shot HDR's, one is a single frame exposure. I'll leave you to guess which is which! Exposed for the room rather than the windows and then used Lightrooms recovery slider to bring them down a touch.

Thanks for that - didn't appreciate how small it was - I'm guessing the middle shot is the NON-HDR but it's pretty much a guess :D

Jim

Last edited:

CFC1

Distinguished Member
Thanks for that - didn't appreciate how small it was - I'm guessing the middle shot is the HDR but it's pretty much a guess :D

Jim

Didn't he say that 2 of the 3 are HDR? :rolleyes: :p If I knew what HDR is, I would probably say that these are 1 and 3 ... going completely against your better judgement! :p :devil:

shotokan101

Banned
Didn't he say that 2 of the 3 are HDR? :rolleyes: :p If I knew what HDR is, I would probably say that these are 1 and 3 ... going completely against your better judgement! :p :devil:

Yes that's what he said :confused:

JIm :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

shotokan101

Banned
Both wrong! Number 3 is a single exposure, 1 and 2 are 3 shot HDR's.

Guess I didnt overcook them too much then!

LOL - just goes to show how well a nicely exposed shot can captrure the range/detail :)

Jim

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom