• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Black Loch

jmbrailsford

First go with my 17-40L and filters.

386907819_HDLjt-XL-2.jpg

Canon 1D Mark II - 17mm - ISO 100 1/80th @ F5.6 - CPL with 0.9 ND Grad and ND 4

Mike.

Last edited:

johnaalex

Distinguished Member
If a Blue Period was good enough for Picasso....;)

Nice composition, but slightly spoilt by the fuel tank in the boat.

Holowlegs

Lovely colour and picture:thumbsup:

Nice shot.....a little off putting is the line of the bottom of the boat? If thats what it is.......nice shot though

allymac123

A little too blue for my liking but deffinately has the potential to be a nice shot.

I am a bit confused as to the technicalities though - Why shoot F5.6 and use an ND4 filter? Why not just shoot F11? I can't see any need for a longer shutter anyway so even F5.6 without an ND4 would make sense??

jmbrailsford

A little too blue for my liking but deffinately has the potential to be a nice shot.

I am a bit confused as to the technicalities though - Why shoot F5.6 and use an ND4 filter? Why not just shoot F11? I can't see any need for a longer shutter anyway so even F5.6 without an ND4 would make sense??
Hi,

YOU'RE confused, I didnae have a clue what I was daein' as mentioned above it was my first go with wideangle and filters, I just pointed the camera and shot :rotfl:

Mike.

allymac123

Yeah never read that bit!!

In that case its pretty darn excellent!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom